• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

33 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Mat, I don’t know how you keep up with this. Seems like we reach out to every guy who enters the portal. When does strategy end and desperation begin? I’m probably being overly pessimistic, but until we sign a quality player, instead of just reaching out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry, I’m growing more and more skeptical 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Mat, I don’t know how you keep up with this. Seems like we reach out to every guy who enters the portal. When does strategy end and desperation begin? I’m probably being overly pessimistic, but until we sign a quality player, instead of just reaching out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry, I’m growing more and more skeptical 

Appreciate the tenacity.  We are Towson. Haven’t been to the dance in 30 years.  With fans who only hope for 17/18 wins. We ARE desperate. 

the fact that we have 4 players that at best are 4 point a game Scorers (generous), should be a sign.  Just need some semi competent warm Bodies 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

the fact that we have 4 players that at best are 4 point a game Scorers (generous), should be a sign.  

You’re not by chance referring to the law firm of Hicks, Biekeu, Coleman and Paar? Let’s face it, from an offensive perspective, these 4 guys make the need for impactful transfers much higher. No one, certainly not I, expects us to have 13 top players, but when guys 10-13 bring very little to the table, at least in terms of scoring, your margin for error with guys 1-9 is much smaller. 

We’re on the clock 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

We stink, we should just give up and not play next season.

I actually think we have some intriguing players for next season. I’m very curious to see what we have in Williamson, who redshirted last season. I’m probably overly optimistic about Cole, the incoming freshman from Canada, and the other two incoming freshman seem promising, at least on paper. Obviously CT’s return is a positive and I’m hoping Conway makes strides next season.

Now, with all that being said, we have a handful of returning players who objectively speaking (stats don’t lie) have demonstrated they’re not going to score much, making it imperative we bring in a couple of players from the portal who can score. I don’t think wondering aloud if Skerry can pull this off equates to saying we stink and should just give up and not play next season. To the contrary, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to have some concerns when, at least from the outside, it looks like we’re reaching out to some guys we have no realistic expectation of landing, while reaching out to other guys who don’t seem like they would be upgrades. Sorry, but at this point I can’t see things through black and gold glasses. Now, maybe my outlook will change once we make the signings. We shall see. 

• Like 1