• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

3 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Have we landed any transfers yet? 

Not that I can tell.

Even as we prepared for the 2021-22 season, we landed a couple in early April, one in late April and one in early May. I am not worried about the timing, but am worried if we miss out on a lot of our targets.

I was scanning the list that Mat put together a couple of weeks ago and only handful of those guys have made a decision. Several of those made decisions to go schools that were in better conferences than the CAA. I am not trying to optimistic or pessimistic here, it just feels like it will be hard to sort most of this out until mid-to-late May and we are not even close to the only teams in this circumstance. 

A lot of players are available and many are still coming into the portal. Unless we get a productive mid-major type like a Cam, might as well be selective.

• Like 1

Also, another reason why NIL is so important. I know many on this board give. We need as many on board to attempt to keep up with Charleston and Hofstra, who aren’t just getting players based on reputation and tradition. We have Cost of Attendance but that’s not enough anymore.

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I’m hearing UConn or Kansas 

My gut is saying UConn because it’s closer to his hometown and they will have lots of media attention being the championship winners. Kansas also has Gradey Dick as their 3 point assassin so Nick may be a better role player on the Huskies. 

19 minutes ago, Blounge said:

My gut is saying UConn because it’s closer to his hometown and they will have lots of media attention being the championship winners. Kansas also has Gradey Dick as their 3 point assassin so Nick may be a better role player on the Huskies. 

Grady Dick is a lottery pick assuming he comes out and he’s a three. Nick is a two on that team