• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

5 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Good kid who tried hard. Probably D2

Best of luck to him. He had a few glimpses over the years, but generally speaking was not a D1 player. Hope he has his degree, which is the most important thing and that he finds his niche at a lower level, like Dottin did, for example.

This now means we have 2 open ships, which hopefully gives some flexibility in terms of who we bring in.

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

Could this been a situation where they "suggested" that he go into the portal sense they have possibly two more guys coming in and need the extra scholarship? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Could this been a situation where they "suggested" that he go into the portal sense they have possibly two more guys coming in and need the extra scholarship? 

I was wondering the same thing. Struck me as interesting that despite the fact our season ended what, 6 weeks or so ago, that he just entered the portal. Skerry playing chess ♟️ not checkers 😆

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Played hard and seemed to be a hard worker. Just not big or skilled enough.  Needed atleast  one of the 4/5 players on the end of the bench to leave.  

This now makes Paar & Coleman returning easier to digest, as someone has to be the 12th and 13th players off the bench. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

This now makes Paar & Coleman returning easier to digest, as someone has to be the 12th and 13th players off the bench. 

If healthy, I do think Paar is a little more than a 12th or 13th player off the bench. He averaged 3.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, shot 52.5% from the field, and was ninth on the team in minutes. I am not saying he will be a starter or anything, but he is probably the only true big man we have outside of Charles (who isn't really one himself). Paar's biggest issue was committing 66 fouls in 377 minutes, but he was a decent complementary piece on what was probably our greatest regular-season team in D-1 school history. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

If healthy, I do think Paar is a little more than a 12th or 13th player off the bench. He averaged 3.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, shot 52.5% from the field, and was ninth on the team in minutes. I am not saying he will be a starter or anything, but he is probably the only true big man we have outside of Charles (who isn't really one himself). Paar's biggest issue was committing 66 fouls in 377 minutes, but he was a decent complementary piece on what was probably our greatest regular-season team in D-1 school history. 

After barely playing last season, I would assume (though I could be wrong) that he will have some rust to knock off initially. His minutes will also depend on who comes in via the portal, as with 2 open spots, it’s possible one will go to a big. IMHO, if he avg’s more than say 10ppg next year, we’ve got a problem 

• Like 1