• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

That is a tough one. That felt like a solid fit for us. Still feels like Voyles, Tarkes, some of the D2 guys might be the most likely options of what is left out of the list. Here is what I can tell in terms of who is left that we have been linked to (many very loosely:

Kevon Voyles (UMES) 6-3, 180 
De'Sean Allen-Eikens (CSNU) 6-6, 215 
Justin Amadi (James Madison) 6-7, 225
Myles Foster (Monmouth) 6-7, 240 - saw Temple mentioned as one of the teams, but that was from a few weeks ago (I am sure Datres can confirm if this is still going or just an old bad rumor)
John Korte (Wheeling D2) 6-6, 215
Kuany Kuany (Cal) 6-9, 200
Josh LeBlanc (many schools) 6-7, 230 
Khalid Gates (Slippery Rock) 6-7, 215

Zayon Marsh (D2 Goldey Beacom) 6-6, 195
Owen McGashen (D2 Saint Anselm) 6-7, 205
Kaine McColley (D2 Nova SE) 6-5, 212
Anthony Morales (Boston U.) 6-8, 195
Bo Montgomery (Holy Cross) 6-5, 193
Daniel Nixon (GW) 6-7, 225
Pavo Pavlidis (Hartford) 6-8, 220 transfer

Ray Quawndis Mitchell (UMKC) 6-5, 200 - Oklahoma and Penn State mentioned
Joshua Rivera (Lafayette) 6-2
Jasmine Sangha (Texas A&M CC) 6-8, 225
Richie Springs (UConn) 6-9,235
Brandon Suggs (UCF) 6-6, 185
Nendah Tarke (Coppin) 6-4, 205 - Outdated info, but I see Rutgers mentioned which would make it tough for us
LaTrell Tate (West Florida) 6-0, 165
Josh Uduje (Coastal Carolina) 6-5, 175
Tedrick Wildcox Jr. (St. Francis-NY) 6-6, 185 - sounds like Temple has reached out

Jordan Wood (Howard ) 6-9, 200
Kam Woods (NC A&T) 6-2, 185

Off the Board
Leo O’Boyle (Lafayette) 6-7, 210 PF/SF 40% 3pt - Penn State
Joel Brown (Cal) 6-2, 190  - Iona
Clarence Daniels (UNH) 6-6, 225 - Staying at UNH
Javonte Johnson (New Mexico) 6-6 - Colorado State
Mike Meadows (Portland) 6-2, 175 - Cal

Frankie Policelli (Stony Brook) 6-7, 215 - Charleston
Charles Pride (Bryant) 6-4, 200 - St. Bonaventure
Joshua Rivera (Lafayette) 6-2 - Fordham I believe
TJ Weeks Jr. (UMass) 6-4, 185 - Rider I think

Does a Zee Hamoda from Utah State interest any of you?  6’7” who can defend but struggled on offense a bit.  
Played prep school in Maine and had 2 seasons with the Aggies. 

7 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Does a Zee Hamoda from Utah State interest any of you?  6’7” who can defend but struggled on offense a bit.  
Played prep school in Maine and had 2 seasons with the Aggies. 

Doubt they are interested in 6-7, 170 with very little production. Utah State transfers seem to end up at VCU

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

When I was looking at the list last night that one never seemed very realistic for us. Cross another one off the list. Who do we see as our most realistic targets right now? Seems hard to tell with eight days left and a lot of major and high-major rosters still unsettled. I am sure the information was out there, but O'Boyle going to a Big Ten program (I know Penn State isn't the first one you think of in that conference) surprised me. I feel like they must have had some swings and misses to get to O'Boyle. I am always trying to figure out how others people's swings and misses affect our list, and where our next steps take us. I feel like on May 9th, a lot of people are going to be knocking on the D-2 and juco doors to fill out their rosters once the music stops on the D-1 list. 

The list is limited for undergrads and the deadline is getting closer. Might end up with grad transfers from D1 or D2. May 11 is the last date that they can enter.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Add another to the list

For some reason I thought Riley had already committed. I might be biased, but I think this would actually be a really good get for our program. He was part of a really good freshmen class that just got misused by Patrick Ewing, and the recruited over the next year in an effort for him to save his job. Riley is very athletic and was a three-star player coming out of high school. His three-point shooting numbers were abysmal, but I honestly think he could be a solid shooter who just lost his confidence with how he was being used.