• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

His 3-point shooting could be an issue but we need a big, athletic guard who can slash to the basket and finish. That might be Jaiden Cole eventually, though he can shoot it. That's why I was hoping for O'Boyle and a guy like RJ Blackney. A good shooter with a long, athletic defender. Also, has some combo guard abilities.

• Led Brentwood to a 6-1 record during a pandemic-shortened season (2020-21), averaging 31.7 points, 6.5 assists, 5.5 steals and 3.8 blocks per game. He was named 2020-21 Gatorade New York Boys Basketball Player of the Year.

11 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

His 3-point shooting could be an issue but we need a big, athletic guard who can slash to the basket and finish. That might be Jaiden Cole eventually, though he can shoot it. That's why I was hoping for O'Boyle and a guy like RJ Blackney. A good shooter with a long, athletic defender. Also, has some combo guard abilities.

• Led Brentwood to a 6-1 record during a pandemic-shortened season (2020-21), averaging 31.7 points, 6.5 assists, 5.5 steals and 3.8 blocks per game. He was named 2020-21 Gatorade New York Boys Basketball Player of the Year.

He feels like he is on the outer reaches of possibilities for us. I would assume if him and Temple really like the fit we are out, but at this stage he feels like someone that has an outside chance to falling into our laps. We can figure out some of the shortcomings and lack of shooting later, but I think he would be a quality get for Towson. 

2 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

He feels like he is on the outer reaches of possibilities for us. I would assume if him and Temple really like the fit we are out, but at this stage he feels like someone that has an outside chance to falling into our laps. We can figure out some of the shortcomings and lack of shooting later, but I think he would be a quality get for Towson. 

same - and as far as i can tell, we've hit the bullseye on GU transfers (Josh Thornton who was a great shooter on an otherwise dismal team) and Benimmon.....

I think y’all get the point that not every player that we are listed with that we are a serious contender or that we have serious interest. But if  they want a young shooter, here is a player  who put up 18 against us. Not sure he does much else but he can shoot pretty much from everywhere. Only odd thing is that he’s been in the portal for nearly two months.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/5106596/marko-maletic

• Like 1

Another one off the board, although it always felt like Foster was being mentioned with schools a little above our space. 

4 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I think y’all get the point that not every player that we are listed with that we are a serious contender or that we have serious interest. But if  they want a young shooter, here is a player  who put up 18 against us. Not sure he does much else but he can shoot pretty much from everywhere. Only odd thing is that he’s been in the portal for nearly two months.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/5106596/marko-maletic

Somewhat stiff competition for Maletic, but seems like the three-point shooter we need. Shot over 7 threes a game last year at a .388 clip and averaged nearly 15.9 ppg. Don't see this one happening, but would be a solid addition. This whole process of trying to find transfers in the crazy world of NIL and new age transfer rules feels like going grocery shopping when there is a weather forecast for 1-2 feet of snow. 

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

feels like going grocery shopping when there is a weather forecast for 1-2 feet of snow. 

With little or no NIL, it feels like going grocery shopping & the shelves are empty