• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

27 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m not crazy about the projected starting backcourt. Hicks so far has shown little offensive upside and Conway is awfully small for the 2. TBH, I’m much more intrigued by the backups at those respective positions, Williamson and Cole. Problem with them is between them they have played exactly 0 minutes of college basketball. Given this, I wonder if Skerry will look for a G with the last open ship?🤔

So if Watson comes here, May moves to the two and Conway comes off the bench. If you get a 6-4ish guard, you can keep May at the three and have Sulaiman, Conway, and Williamson as your op reserves (assuming that Hicks starts due to experience). I would also prefer Conway to come off the bench though I think May needs to improve his handle to earn that starting job at any of the wing positions. 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I’m not crazy about the projected starting backcourt. Hicks so far has shown little offensive upside and Conway is awfully small for the 2. TBH, I’m much more intrigued by the backups at those respective positions, Williamson and Cole. Problem with them is between them they have played exactly 0 minutes of college basketball. Given this, I wonder if Skerry will look for a G with the last open ship?🤔

You may be intrigued by them. And will remain so throughout the year.  Won’t play much until end of conference play. Little to impact 

9 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

You may be intrigued by them. And will remain so throughout the year.  Won’t play much until end of conference play. Little to impact 

Williamson will eventually start. There's really no other option at the point other than Hicks and Williamson reportedly made huge strides in his redshirt season (I'll have to check on his improvements over the summer). He's also a much better offensive player and apparently isn't bad defensively. Cole? Depends on who they get as the last ship. Long and talented. Not your typical 18-year old freshman (he's 19 or 20). I'm a fan of his potential, but like a lot of freshmen, looks like he needs 10 or so pounds. Kind of like Williamson, who did put on 10-15 pounds after arriving as a skinny freshman.

10 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I think it’s too early to make such sweeping pronouncements. Depends partly on who gets the last ship. Also depends on summer and fall practice. Also depends on how the season progresses. To be continued 

27 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I think it’s too early to make such sweeping pronouncements. Depends partly on who gets the last ship. Also depends on summer and fall practice. Also depends on how the season progresses. To be continued 

No it isn’t. There’s history here. 

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

No it isn’t. There’s history here. 

We could go around this mulberry bush indefinitely, but past history is not always indicative of future results. I’m not omniscient, so I’ll wait to see how it shakes out. Maybe you’ll be proven right. OTOH, maybe Williamson and/or Cole will force Skerry’s hand and earn significant minutes. In the meantime, would you be kind enough to peer into your crystal ball 🔮 and DM me the winning power ball numbers for the next drawing 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TSU88 said:

We could go around this mulberry bush indefinitely, but past history is not always indicative of future results. I’m not omniscient, so I’ll wait to see how it shakes out. Maybe you’ll be proven right. OTOH, maybe Williamson and/or Cole will force Skerry’s hand and earn significant minutes. In the meantime, would you be kind enough to peer into your crystal ball 🔮 and DM me the winning power ball numbers for the next drawing 

11-44-32-51-75.  Power ball 15

That is more difficult haah

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

11-44-32-51-75.  Power ball 15

That is more difficult haah

Stand by. I’m cashing in all the assets from my sizable portfolio, consisting entirely of stock in the Baltimore Opera Hat 🎩 Company, and playing those numbers 

• Haha 1