• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

On 6/4/2023 at 1:32 PM, TSU88 said:

Disagree. As I recall, before NIL, we beat out a number of larger programs for Holden. It’s now all about the money 💰 

I can hear the conversations Skerry is having with these kids:

Player: Gee Coach, I really like SECU and all the lovely coeds on campus, but there’s this thing called NIL;

Skerry: Did I mention we led the country in community service hours?;

[Player gets up and walks out]

Skerry: Wait, wait!!!

Hahah. While I’m sure it’s about the money for a lot, it isn’t the end all be all. Cam would not have been a good player a higher level. He’s a In-betweener. Nothing wrong with that. Too small to play 4 at the high major level and not a good Enough shot to be a 3.  But at the mid major level, he fit in perfectly.

have to sell the kids on 10k now and little playing time or some money now, lots more playing time and potential to make a lot of money professionally later 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

It is amazing that just when you think you have tracked all of the options new ones pop up and old ones are still out there from many months ago that seem like they should be gone. TSU88, I think I remember you mentioning Voyles like two months ago. There is a tweet from schools that were after him from April 14th, and I don't think we have heard much since that point.

I know we are stuck with the absurdity of the process, but they need to do something to make this timeline a little more concise if legally possible. I wish they would have two months to declare, a month after that to list their top 5-10 choices and then a hard date that everyone had to make a decision by (I know that this exists to some extent).  

The one upside of all of this transfer craziness is that it makes the college basketball offseason more fun for fans to track. Why not at least attach some dates to it that would make it easier to follow for the diehards out here and not make everyone have to be Twitter and Instagram detectives. This is probably the old man in me talking, but it feels like there is a way to still do right by the programs and student athletes, while making this process more fan-friendly in general.

Then again, maybe I am the only one who cares enough to regularly try to track all of this crap. 

11 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

It is amazing that just when you think you have tracked all of the options new ones pop up and old ones are still out there from many months ago that seem like they should be gone. TSU88, I think I remember you mentioning Voyles like two months ago. There is a tweet from schools that were after him from April 14th, and I don't think we have heard much since that point.

I know we are stuck with the absurdity of the process, but they need to do something to make this timeline a little more concise if legally possible. I wish they would have two months to declare, a month after that to list their top 5-10 choices and then a hard date that everyone had to make a decision by (I know that this exists to some extent).  

The one upside of all of this transfer craziness is that it makes the college basketball offseason more fun for fans to track. Why not at least attach some dates to it that would make it easier to follow for the diehards out here and not make everyone have to be Twitter and Instagram detectives. This is probably the old man in me talking, but it feels like there is a way to still do right by the programs and student athletes, while making this process more fan-friendly in general.

Then again, maybe I am the only one who cares enough to regularly try to track all of this crap. 

We are going to the get to the point where everyone should just enter the portal when the season ends. Do their free agency, or come back right away. And let the chips fall where they may.  It’ll teach them quickly that there may not be a spot for everyone 

37 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

maybe I am the only one who cares enough to regularly try to track all of this crap. 

You’re not. I play internet detective in an effort to try and figure out who we might be getting. For instance, stock on Watson was rising at the end of last week, when he posted videos on his IG modeling 3 different TU uniforms (blue, yellow and white). However, that stock dipped precipitously today when he posted a video of him modeling a Seton Hall uniform. Truth be told, you can make your self nuts trying to figure out what these kids (or in some cases, men) are going to do. 

Edited by TSU88

22 hours ago, TSU88 said:

You’re not. I play internet detective in an effort to try and figure out who we might be getting. For instance, stock on Watson was rising at the end of last week, when he posted videos on his IG modeling 3 different TU uniforms (blue, yellow and white). However, that stock dipped precipitously today when he posted a video of him modeling a Seton Hall uniform. Truth be told, you can make your self nuts trying to figure out what these kids (or in some cases, men) are going to do. 

I actually don't mind the roller coaster of guys that I think might come here and those that don't. What really drives me nuts is that there are certain players that there is just no visit information or updates around ever. I realize there is small handful of people that care about mid-to-low major college basketball transfers, but guys like Tarke and Maletic seem like they could be solid players for us. They are listed as possible visits, then you don't hear anything for months. Then all of a sudden Tarke is going to Nicholls State and Maletic is still MIA.

Watson has no updates for about month, then we are listed with him High Point and Richmond. Then all of a sudden Seton Hall comes out of nowhere. By the way, High Point has reeled a pretty solid transfer class of five guys this year so I am not sure I would completely count them out either (although Seton Hall seems like a slam dunk). 

The moral of the story as usual, don't get to invested in 18-22 year old kids moves and actions, because they don't even know what they are going to do when they wake up tomorrow. I certainly didn't. Still, I love this program too much not to get invested in the ways we have discussed. 

9 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

High Point has reeled a pretty solid transfer class of five guys this year

I’ve heard that from another source as well. If you’re a glass 🥃 half full person (which admittedly I’m not) you could argue this weighs against Watson going there, as he might not be the focal point of the offense. What concerns me about Watson and High Point is the close proximity between NCA&T & HP. If Watson wants to stay close for some reason to NCAT, then HP is the way to go