• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

So with two ships still available and Paar likely coming back along with 6-9 freshman Tyler Tejada, do we add a backup big or do we take two wings instead of one?

54 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

So with two ships still available and Paar likely coming back along with 6-9 freshman Tyler Tejada, do we add a backup big or do we take two wings instead of one?

I’ll take 2 wings to go; hold the fries 🍟 

With CT, Tejada and (presumably) Paar, I would like to think that’s sufficient for bigs. An athletic wing who can create his own shot would be nice, especially if the other wing we bring in is not cut from that cloth 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

We need someone who can shoot, but as far as the other scholarship I would take the best player we can get at whatever position and figure out the rest later. Although, with what Jones' game looks like and Thompson's game I do worry we may already have two guys who could take away the fluidity of an offense when they are trying to score. It would also be nice to have some athleticism that can defend. The rotation of Hicks and Conway drove me crazy at times last, because both are really one-sided at what they do well in opposite ways. 

23 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

We need someone who can shoot, but as far as the other scholarship I would take the best player we can get at whatever position and figure out the rest later. Although, with what Jones' game looks like and Thompson's game I do worry we may already have two guys who could take away the fluidity of an offense when they are trying to score. It would also be nice to have some athleticism that can defend. The rotation of Hicks and Conway drove me crazy at times last, because both are really one-sided at what they do well in opposite ways. 

Conway is moving to shooting guard so you are going to have Hicks and Williamson. Conway's lack of size concerns me at the 2, but I think he'll be ok defensively defending slower guys. He can spread the floor along with May and if you have Williamson on the floor, you have three shooters. Do you add a shooter like O'Boyle from Lafayette or a scorer like Voyles from UMES?  

As for Jones, I think he needs to be able to put the ball on the floor and do more things than just post up. But let's face it, our starting lineup last season didn't have a lot of shooters save for Nick. This year's starting lineup could have three shooters in May, Conway and Williamson, which would help spread the floor and that's better than Hicks, Russell, Cam and CT surrounding Nick. Also, Cole can shoot it and if we add a shooter like O'Boyle or Voyles, then we'll have enough shooters. Then we'll need one more long and athletic wing IMO over a backup big that is not very good. 

6 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Call me crazy but I’d add another point guard who can score if one is available.  
That Niagara PG Noah Thomasson would be ideal but assuming he’s looking at bigger schools.  Gibson with the back was kinda of freak thing but I’m concerned if someone goes down then we are really thin and of course young.   So I’d like to see us add a veteran PG.  

14 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Call me crazy but I’d add another point guard who can score if one is available.  
That Niagara PG Noah Thomasson would be ideal but assuming he’s looking at bigger schools.  Gibson with the back was kinda of freak thing but I’m concerned if someone goes down then we are really thin and of course young.   So I’d like to see us add a veteran PG.  

Conway and Cole would be emergency point guards if one of the two guards go down. I’m not against adding a combo guard but needs to be at least 6-3

• Like 1