• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Golden Year?

Placing this year due to current traffic and since hoops will be in for a major step back next year. 

Is this Towson’s best year ever in regards to wins?  Volleyball was dominant and set program record for winds. Women’s soccer had its best year since moving to the caa. Football was even 6-5 somehow. Field hockey won a few more games than they usually do. Gymnastics was really good and swimming and diving seemed to have a solid record. Both hoops teams are going to approach the 20-12 record.

with that said coming into the weakest season… spring. Men’s lacrosse and baseball will struggle once again. Women’s lacrosse looks ok and softball is 4-4 (they won 14 total last year). 

I don’t have the time to look back on numerous years but would have to think that this is one of our best overall win loss percents ever. 

• Like 1

We are having a good all around year, but I think most people on here only care football and mens basketball. When they are playing well, more people notice and attendance grows. But when gymnastics, volleyball, soccer, womens hoops and other Olympic sports are in good shape that helps.

It’s tough to compare eras because womens sports aside from gymnastics and volleyball have never been consistently good here. They are finally putting money in soccer and field hockey but when you haven’t won in so long, good recruits aren’t going to show up because you added new locker rooms.

I was fortunate as a student in 1991 where men’s lax went to the NCAA finals,  baseball went to the NCAA Tournament, as did mens basketball and mens soccer was outstanding. Gymnastics had gone to Nationals in 1990 and volleyball was pretty good. Women’s sports was not a priority and most struggled until Title IX woke us up and we started putting more money into the programs and hired better coaches. 

Softball appears to be a sport where we put up a nice stadium but the team is competitive but never wins a title and I don’t think has come close lately.  Same coach for many years.

Mens lax needed to beat UMBC Today. Now tomorrow to gain more confidence but it’s all about the CAA. Delaware is the team to beat. Future is bright with two talented freshmen but they need to start winning again 

• Like 1

I would have to look back, but in 2013-14, football went 13-3 and to the FCS title game, men's basketball went 25-11, baseball went 22-25, men's lax went 8-7 and lost in the CAA title game to Drexel by one, WBB went 13-17, gymnastics went 9-16, women's lax went 11-8 and won the CAA title, softball went 29-25, and women's swimming went 13-1.