• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Charleston III preview

At the risk of perhaps stating the obvious, I see this as a crossroads game in the Skerry era. If we don’t at least make it to tomorrow night, who knows when we’ll get another chance at the brass ring, with NT and 55 (and maybe CT) moving on. 

if not now, when? 

To quote former Ravens HC Brian Billick: “when you go into the lions den, you don’t tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you go in kicking whatever doors in and say ‘where’s the son of a bitch!’  If you go in any other way you’re going to lose.”

I hope we play tonight with a similar, albeit controlled, intensity 

Who is going to be in attendance tonight (I imagine some who are may not see this until after the game)?

I wanted to make it out from Minnesota like I did last year, but having two possible games on weekdays makes for difficult scheduling. I feel bad because I know Charleston is going to bring a good contingent and we need everyone we can possibly get to try to come close to matchup their support. It is probably better off that I am not there since I have been in attendance for three conference tournament semifinal losses (1995 when we lost to Malik Rose and Drexel, 2014 when we lost to William & Mary at the Baltimore Arena and last year against Delaware). 

Probably not a good thing, but for the 90s guys this sort of reminds of our matchup with Drexel in the semis 1995. They were the darling of the conference and it was our first year in what was then called the NAC. We beat Delaware in the quarters and had a pretty talented team to match up with Drexel. They called a million fouls in that game and Drexel was the better team and outlasted us in the foulfest.

I think this year's team is more equipped to have a shot at winning, but Charleston is probably a taller task then beating that Drexel team (although Drexel ended up knocking off Memphis in the first round).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tualum said:

So if we lose do we start the fire skerry chants again? 😄

Saved in my drafts folder. As 88 says in the above post, it’s now or never 

20 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

It is probably better off that I am not there since I have been in attendance for three conference tournament semifinal losses (1995 when we lost to Malik Rose and Drexel, 2014 when we lost to William & Mary at the Baltimore Arena and last year against Delaware

You are clearly a jinx and should never attend another TU conference game again.  (Kidding, of course).

Curious to hear from anyone who was there last night as to how large (and raucous) the C of C & TU contingents were. I hope we have some strategy to get some students down there tonight. Even though it’s DC (and not the upscale section) on a Monday night, we’re by far the closest of the 4 schools in the semis to DC 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Blounge said:

UNCW playing tough against Hofstra down 1 at halftime. Maybe they can sneak into the finals

Pride don’t play defense. Better than years past but still 

34 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Lol here they go again on the ban cam brigade

Bolon will try to get into Cam's head in hopes of (a) getting him off his game and (b) getting CH to commit some flagrants (or maybe do something even more stupid and get thrown out). Let's hope he keeps his cool.