• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls to Charleston in Semifinals 77-72

17 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Right add Chris caliguian to the list why did we ever give a scholarship to a guy who was 5’2? 

He was 5-6 and could actually play. He was a walk-on and got a ship in his last season. 

16 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

AJ astroh. Josh ivory. Jordan McNeil. Phrophete. Alex Thomas. Tobias Howard.  Byron hawks.  The list!

Darrick Jones, the doctor of dunks, in the layup line 

11 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

He was 5-6 and could actually play. He was a walk-on and got a ship in his last season. 

Unless your mugsy boges you’re not gonna be able to produce at that size

55 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Oh, how could I forget the brothers, Victor and Solomon U?  Them, CB, Coleman, Gill, Dottin, Mims, Cam Allen and I think you have to include Paar on this list too. Probably most, if not all, are nice kids, but just not quality D1 players. A long laundry list, by any objective measure, of recent recruits who didn’t pan out. 

Victor was known more for his artwork if I remember correctly.  Someone contact him and see if he will donate a piece we can sell and put in our hoops program coffers.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Victor was known more for his artwork if I remember correctly.  Someone contact him and see if he will donate a piece we can sell and put in our hoops program coffers.  

His brother Solomon is best remembered for making a basket for the opponent, when he mistakenly put the ball through his own hoop

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Unless your mugsy boges you’re not gonna be able to produce at that size

He wasn't a recruit. He was a walk-on who became a scholarship player. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That’s why he’s a 5 minute per game guy.  Charles would have finished that and more importantly wouldn’t have run over the shooter on the 3

I love Charles, but I felt like for the most part in the three matchups Brzovic got the better of him. No shame in that because in three games against Charleston it felt like Brzovic and Scott were their best players (Reyne Smith was obviously pretty good yesterday too).

Maybe I am crazy, but I thought in the second and third games that Biekeu actually guarded Brzovic more effectively than Charles did. That being said, the miss on the intentional foul was a big one. Unfortunately, Conway and Timberlake are probably the only guys on the team that would have had a chance to make both in that spot.  

Also on the play where Biekeu ran over the shoot they should have called travel, foul or something in the lane when Bolon had the ball. That was a really bad sequence of many for the refs. I don't really think the bad calls tilted the game because they were spread equally around to both teams (the blatant shove by Biekeu on Brzovic late in the game was pretty bad too), but that one pissed me off. 

Edited by Tiger93

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That’s why he’s a 5 minute per game guy.  Charles would have finished that and more importantly wouldn’t have run over the shooter on the 3

Are you sure about that?  The same Charles you called Charmin a few weeks ago?  Which is it, Dr. 2-Face Pessimist?  If we could fire anyone, it would be you out of this fanbase.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

Are you sure about that?  The same Charles you called Charmin a few weeks ago?  Which is it, Dr. 2-Face Pessimist?  If we could fire anyone, it would be you out of this fanbase.

Ditto

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

He wasn't a recruit. He was a walk-on who became a scholarship player. 

Yes, he received a scholarship for one semester. That was after the kid from Europe left the team in December.