• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls to Charleston in Semifinals 77-72

9 hours ago, Blounge said:

CB actually played pretty decent having to come in for CT

Not to knock the guy, but one of many key moments came with about a minute to play, tie game, and CB is fouled by the Serbian center -- flagrant -- so we have two FTs and possession. A chance to go up by four. We come away with one...

As I say, one of many missed opportunities, but with so little time left, that one sticks in my craw.

13 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Not to knock the guy, but one of many key moments came with about a minute to play, tie game, and CB is fouled by the Serbian center -- flagrant -- so we have two FTs and possession. A chance to go up by four. We come away with one...

As I say, one of many missed opportunities, but with so little time left, that one sticks in my craw.

That’s why he’s a 5 minute per game guy.  Charles would have finished that and more importantly wouldn’t have run over the shooter on the 3

17 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

CB being in the game at such a critical juncture is really an indictment of some of the dubious recruiting decisions made over last few years. CB, Coleman, Gill, Dottin, Mims, Cam Allen….Who am I forgetting? 

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

CB being in the game at such a critical juncture is really an indictment of some of the dubious recruiting decisions made over last few years. CB, Coleman, Gill, Dottin, Mims, Cam Allen….Who am I forgetting? 

Uleylamos 

cam Allen lmfao forgot about him 

Edited by TuTigers2012

Oh, how could I forget the brothers, Victor and Solomon U?  Them, CB, Coleman, Gill, Dottin, Mims, Cam Allen and I think you have to include Paar on this list too. Probably most, if not all, are nice kids, but just not quality D1 players. A long laundry list, by any objective measure, of recent recruits who didn’t pan out. 

4 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Right add Chris caliguian to the list why did we ever give a scholarship to a guy who was 5’2? 

Wasn’t he a walk-on who got like a 1 semester scholarship at one point?  Really just a reward (free tuition for 1 semester) for services rendered as a walk-on. Not sure he should be on this list, which is already frighteningly long as is 

Edited by TSU88

5 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Wasn’t he a walk-on who got like a 1 semester scholarship at one point?  Really just a reward (free tuition for 1 semester) for services rendered as a walk-on. Not sure he should be on this list, which is already frighteningly long as is 

AJ astroh. Josh ivory. Jordan McNeil. Phrophete. Alex Thomas. Tobias Howard.  Byron hawks.  The list!

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

AJ astroh. Josh ivory. Jordan McNeil. Phrophete. Alex Thomas. Tobias Howard.  Byron hawks.  The list!

I mean in fairness, someone has got to be the 12th or 13th man off the bench, and all programs swing & miss on recruits from time to time. But  we’ve had more than our share of flame outs. So, I’ll throw out a few more: Drayton, Marshall, Alex G, the Turkish kid, Ingram (the kid who quit the team back in the 2017-18 season). 

• Haha 1