• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

2022-2023 postmortem

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Also I assume we are all rooting for Charleston tonight right?

Doesn’t matter. Will lose first game in NCAA anyway.. should be entertaining at least

8 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

CBI probably wants us, but not sure we want to play in Daytona or anywhere after last night.

I was wondering the same thing. After all the twists and turns that went into this year would this group even have enough left to put a good foot forward in tournament game, and what would we be trying to accomplish by doing it? If the players are all in on doing it, and we want more games that is fine. I would enjoy seeing this group play at least one more game. I just don't know what they would be looking to get out of the experience. 

Btw, out of curiosity I looked up the stats as they relate to Timberlake possibly coming back, to chase the school scoring record. Devin Boyd currently holds the record, with exactly 2,000 points. As best I can tell, Timberlake is at 1,522. So, in what I assume is the unlikely event he wants to defer entering the “real world “ for another year, Timberlake would need 479 points to become TU’s all time leading scorer. Assuming a 30 game season, and assuming no injuries, he would have to average 16ppg, an attainable average, to break the record 

• Thanks 1

Hey, UNCW went to the CBI lasy year as a 9 seed I believe and won the tournament. Put them ina position this year into the CAAT final. Would take the NIT, but the NIT wont take us barring some miracle of 30 other teams saying no because its no longer played at MSG for the final 4... 

2 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Hey, UNCW went to the CBI lasy year as a 9 seed I believe and won the tournament. Put them ina position this year into the CAAT final. Would take the NIT, but the NIT wont take us barring some miracle of 30 other teams saying no because its no longer played at MSG for the final 4... 

They were the rare veteran team to go pay for play.  Different culture and funding for hoops than us.  I feel like the seniors just want to move on at this point 

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

They were the rare veteran team to go pay for play.  Different culture and funding for hoops than us.  I feel like the seniors just want to move on at this point 

Probably had to do with the fact that it was Siddle's first full year (second overall with the COVID year) as head coach and they are still building the expectations and culture for future players. Similar to what we were trying to do in 2014. He even mentioned in his postgame interview after the Drexel win that they know how to win in a tournament format based on past success (I think he alluded to the CBI title and the Bahamas victory they had earlier this year). 

Edited by Tiger93
  • Like 1