• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Virginia lax thread

If not for Long, this would be 20-8. It's 14-8 after 3. DeMaio back to taking bad shots again. At least Mikey has two goals. Nothing from Villagomez since the start of the game. Not sure if the change on attack has really mattered, but no speed on the defensive midfield save for Hund. We must be near the bottom of the nation in clears. It's a CF.

This game is over but future is bright with Weisshaar (3g) and Villagomez (2g). Two of the more talented freshman on offense we've had since Drenner and Seider. 

39 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

1-5? Sheesh. Another men’s program that is unsuccessful 

I know you don't know lacrosse or care about it and just love taking shots, but this was probably the second-best game they played all year against the No. 1 team in the nation. They can be 1-20 in non-conference play. All they need to do is win the CAA. Just need to play better lacrosse going into CAA play and today was a step in the right direction.

• Haha 1

Team looked pretty good.  Constantinides looked good on faceoffs - I like how he attacked more and didn't panic as much as he did against UR.  Team is generally slow and allergic to fast breaks although they did push some against UVA.  Defense looked really good against a high powered offense.  On offense, they lack speed and dodging ability.  Mikey had a few nice goals (the one where he dove just short of the net was exciting).  He has some wheels too.  Was great to see him get his first 3 and would love to see him carve out a larger role.  Long was really good - I thought the book on him was to shoot high, and he stopped pretty much every high shot early on and solely kept us in the game during the first 20 minutes or so........I feel like if we had a Drenner on this team we could we be really good.  Excited to see how we fare in CAA play. 

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I know you don't know lacrosse or care about it and just love taking shots, but this was probably the second-best game they played all year against the No. 1 team in the nation. They can be 1-20 in non-conference play. All they need to do is win the CAA. Just need to play better lacrosse going into CAA play and today was a step in the right direction.

Stating their record is taking a shot?  Hmmm 1-5 is 1-5. Obviously Virginia is good. But Richmond umbc st joes?

any realistic chance they win the caa?