• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TigerFan54

A Highly Placed Source Tells Me CT Will Be Back Next Year

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

We should play Delaware, Drexel, Stony Brook, Monmouth, NE and Hofstra twice. Charleston, Elon, UNCW, Campbell, and NC A&T once. Hampton and W&M twice in some years. Time to start dividing up the league into a North and South Division. Seven teams in both divisions. 

With Campbell coming in next season, why not go to NE, Hofstra, Stony Brook, DE, Drexel and us as a Northern division; W&M, Hampton, NCAT, Elon, Campbell, UNCW and C of C in the Southern division 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I mean if he's good, who the hell cares what his age is? Are we to the point where we nitpick everything including a kid's age? When he's 25 after next season and wants to start a career then he'll leave after one year. This is college basketball as part of the NIL/COVID era. It's not about 18-22 year old's anymore. At least not in the next couple of years.

You’re 100% right. And I’m 100% right in saying I don’t like it. What I like ultimately means absolutely nothing, so yes, if that’s what we have to do to compete, bring in 25 year olds. Hell, bring in 30 year olds, if that’s what it takes. If we win, I’ll hold my nose and bite my tongue 

Edited by TSU88

21 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

We should play Delaware, Drexel, Stony Brook, Monmouth, NE and Hofstra twice. Charleston, Elon, UNCW, Campbell, and NC A&T once. Hampton and W&M twice in some years. Time to start dividing up the league into a North and South Division. Seven teams in both divisions. 

Those road games would feel like home games since the only schools who draw Williamsburg and further south. 😂.

If and when divisions split, what’s the point of being in the same league?  Just add Vermont and Albany and then Winthrop uncg and have separate conferences. Not asking for that as I prefer the league more southern centralized.  10 was the perfect number. 11 would be ok too if we we went 20 game schedule. 

18 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

You’re 100% right. And I’m 100% right in saying I don’t like it. What I like ultimately means absolutely nothing, so yes, if that’s what we have to do to compete, bring in 25 year olds. Hell, bring in 30 year olds, if that’s what it takes. If we win, I’ll hold my nose and bite my tongue 

Lol. I get your point. it is what it is now in college athletics. Again, my initial point went over the other posters head… people joked about Nick being here forever and old (5th year here plus a year of prep school) and I was just pointing out that somehow this guy is older. 

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol. I get your point. it is what it is now in college athletics. Again, my initial point went over the other posters head… people joked about Nick being here forever and old (5th year here plus a year of prep school) and I was just pointing out that somehow this guy is older. 

Yeah, I specifically wrote, when I initially pointed out his age, that it wasn’t a criticism of him, but rather just a statement of fact. The criticism is of the system. And yeah, I get it. I’m being a “you kids get off my lawn” curmudgeon, but that’s my right. I’ll still support the program, regardless of the age of the players 

• Haha 1