• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

New TU NIL Collective

I’ve been waiting for us to dip our toes in the NIL pool, and I’ll be making my own contribution soon. What I’m puzzled by is, as a donor to the Tiger Athletic Fund, why I haven’t heard about this before seeing this post. Having a collective is all well and good, but it would seem you’d want to be trumpeting its existence (email, phone call, social media…) to let folks know about it. I also hope the Athletic Department is scouring for corporate entities to contribute, as they’re the ones with deep pockets. Anyway, glad to see this, even if it’s in a nascent stage right now 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’ve been waiting for us to dip our toes in the NIL pool, and I’ll be making my own contribution soon. What I’m puzzled by is, as a donor to the Tiger Athletic Fund, why I haven’t heard about this before seeing this post. Having a collective is all well and good, but it would seem you’d want to be trumpeting its existence (email, phone call, social media…) to let folks know about it. I also hope the Athletic Department is scouring for corporate entities to contribute, as they’re the ones with deep pockets. Anyway, glad to see this, even if it’s in a nascent stage right now 

You should know the answer to your question already… lol

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

You should know the answer to your question already… lol

Well, hope springs eternal. At least we’ve launched an NIL collective, so baby steps 

32 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Well, hope springs eternal. At least we’ve launched an NIL collective, so baby steps 

True. I’ll jump on that and put some money in.  Wonder if they will show what businesses if any contribute?  If they do, I’d be more apt to patronize them if I know they are supporting the school and student athletes. 

• Like 1

This is a good thing. Deleware has one already, so keeping up with them is essential. 

THe Million $ Question - Will it be successful? 

Let's hope so for all of our sports teams.

Ok this is great and obviously needs to be done.  I do have a couple issues with the marketing of it however.   

1) gohcollective.com, this GOH marketing push is only months old so when you think GOH not sure how many people are thinking Towson.  My point to that is the website where you want people and businesses to go to support Towson Tiger Athletics does not have the word Towson or Tiger in it.  I admit it was a very quick look but I went to two other CAA school athletic sites and the team up north's NIL site is called "The Blue Hen Collective", while Stony Brook's is called "The Seawolve Exchange".  Novel idea that you may want your name as part of your new initiative. It is almost as if they are trying to push the GOH theme more than NIL for Towson Tiger Athletes.  

2) Again like above it was a real quick skim through our website, but my search on towsontigers.com from what I could see HAD NO LINK OR MENTION of the gohcollective.com page as of 10:30 AM April 4.  Are they doing a slow push of marketing?  I would think you would want this page on your athletic website.  I was able to find the UD and SB's collective pages by going through their athletic sites.  All I see is TAF which is very important as well but this new initiative needs to be promoted and not having it on the website is awfully short sighted.  

I do not understand why the release of this highly important initiative is not all gas no brakes with it's promotion and having it available and known in as many ways as possible.

Just before I hit submit I went to the Temple Owls website and wouldn't you know it they too in their "collective" have the school's mascot in it's name and it is easily found on their website.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

Ok this is great and obviously needs to be done.  I do have a couple issues with the marketing of it however.   

1) gohcollective.com, this GOH marketing push is only months old so when you think GOH not sure how many people are thinking Towson.  My point to that is the website where you want people and businesses to go to support Towson Tiger Athletics does not have the word Towson or Tiger in it.  I admit it was a very quick look but I went to two other CAA school athletic sites and the team up north's NIL site is called "The Blue Hen Collective", while Stony Brook's is called "The Seawolve Exchange".  Novel idea that you may want your name as part of your new initiative. It is almost as if they are trying to push the GOH theme more than NIL for Towson Tiger Athletes.  

2) Again like above it was a real quick skim through our website, but my search on towsontigers.com from what I could see HAD NO LINK OR MENTION of the gohcollective.com page as of 10:30 AM April 4.  Are they doing a slow push of marketing?  I would think you would want this page on your athletic website.  I was able to find the UD and SB's collective pages by going through their athletic sites.  All I see is TAF which is very important as well but this new initiative needs to be promoted and not having it on the website is awfully short sighted.  

I do not understand why the release of this highly important initiative is not all gas no brakes with it's promotion and having it available and known in as many ways as possible.

Just before I hit submit I went to the Temple Owls website and wouldn't you know it they too in their "collective" have the school's mascot in it's name and it is easily found on their website.  

Good points.  there’s a lot to improve upon. Doubling down there’s not really any Towson logo anywhere. (One small tiger that isn’t ours). Can it not be university branded?  Don’t know all of these rules or what’s legal and not anymore.

Towson athletics is all brakes no gas

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Like 1

I think you all have to read the fine print first. Now, should they and could they promote this more? I think they need somebody outside the athletic department to run this. I agree that the site needs a change where it's a bit easier to find things. Staff directory is under about. Stuff like that but I think they are limited in what they can promote when it comes to NIL. I believe they are trending very carefully. 

If you click on the GOG Collective logo in the about section, it takes you to the home page. There is a tiger stalking its prey. 

it states the following:

SUPPORTING & PARTNERING WITH TOWSON STUDENT-ATHLETES
Goh Collective was created with one mission in mind – to empower Towson University student-athletes to achieve their greatest potential, both academically and on and off the field.

Goh Collective is committed to providing innovative ways for Towson student-athletes to grow as leaders, while inspiring them to be champions in competition, in the classroom and in the Towson community. Our ultimate goal is to help every current and future Towson Tiger student-athlete leverage their name, image, and likeness in order to build a brighter future for themselves and to maximize their time at Towson.

So, it does say Towson.