• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Softball wins 20 games

What an awesome run for a five seed! Amazing turnaround to go from 14-33 and 4-16 a year ago to 30-23 and 14-10 and this run.

Now we can let the chaos unfold and figured out who we play tomorrow. I am assuming we need to beat whoever emerges from the chaos once while they need to beat us twice. No guarantees, but we are in the driver's seat. I don't think I realized that we have finished as a conference tournament runner-up 11 different times in the ECC, Big South, America East and CAA collectively. I believe in 1999 and 2001 in the America East we were in the same spot where we needed one win and our opponent needed two. 

This would be cool to get conference tournament title for Coach Costello. 

• Like 2

When you haven’t won anything in 30 years at the same job, you make dumb decisions like saving your ace for Game 2.  Lost this opportunity in the most Towson way possible. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

When you haven’t won anything in 30 years at the same job, you make dumb decisions like saving your ace for Game 2.  Lost this opportunity in the most Towson way possible. 

Towson athletics, ladies and gents. 

On 5/13/2023 at 4:58 PM, Chris Datres said:

Great year but what were they saving their ace for?  I've been watching a lot of softball on a network that most normal fans can actually see, gotta get my #stoptheflo remarks when I can, and I see these pitchers throw 140 pitches and then are back out there the next day and the day after.  Always throw your ace when you can, can't play like you have another game in your pocket.