• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Spring Game

I'm here for about an hour. Not going to stay much past 3pm and get caught in a huge storm walking back to the parking lot. Anyhow, Black (defense) vs. Gold (offense) in this one. I'll probably skip the interivew and just give my thoughts when I get back if I don't mention them here.

Left early. The storms were coming but really didn't see much of a point. The offense struggled because they couldn't protect against a makeshift defensive line. One thing they did see was that they were going to provide pressure from just about every angle. Either way, the O-line needs help at left tackle and the interior. It was good to see Jean German back and he was playing right tackle. But can't judge Sean Brown who had very little time. Also seems like our WRs weren't getting a lot of separation. No wonder we are after WRs, TE, and OL in the transfer portal. Defensively, we will be after safeties because we don't have a lot of experience or speed there. Zach Jackson was the other QB and when he came in, they mostly had him hand the ball off to Christopher Watkins and Curtis Murray. Both scat backs played well. From what I saw and heard, Murray was really good in camp. I'll have to talk to coach Pete over the summer when things get a little more fruitful in the portal.

I didn't realize the start time had been moved up from 3 to 2, so I saw just one possession before that weather shut things down. But Nathan Kent looked impressive, got the ball out quick and accurately, moved well to avoid pressure. Maybe he was playing against backups, but I though Kent (and the receivers) were operating smoothly. 

21 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I didn't realize the start time had been moved up from 3 to 2, so I saw just one possession before that weather shut things down. But Nathan Kent looked impressive, got the ball out quick and accurately, moved well to avoid pressure. Maybe he was playing against backups, but I though Kent (and the receivers) were operating smoothly. 

He’s probably best in front of a shaky line. And yes, they were probably playing against 2s or 3s at that time