• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2018 Spring Roster is out

Out of that group, the one that I’m disappointed the most about is Johnson. Of course, losing 2 corners doesn’t help with depth, and losing Burnett also reduces a position of weakness by 1 body, though I’m not of the opinion that Burnett, although a big body, was terribly effective.

I was disappointed with Buckner not returning, although I never saw him because he was injured. I was told he had a chance to be very good. The good news is we are very deep there. McCants and Watson were pretty good late in the season and Lyrics is a senior and JPD a junior. McDade likely graduated and they have this D-2 transfer in Reggie Ware, who sat out last year and has two years left. As for Reece, I thought he flashed a few times last season. He wasn't great but he could be a rotation guy if he lost some weight. Hopefully we get a juco with Mullins, and Harpus Upshur. Still need more depth.

4 hours ago, Billy1121 said:

What happened to Johnson?  Was this the WR that won the Randy Moss award that was converted to a LB?

It just didn't work out at linebacker or safety for him. We had better linebackers in the wings. Not sure why he was never looked at wide receiver but maybe competition in West Virginia isn't all that great.

4 hours ago, Ironman42 said:

Didn’t see Jordan wait fullback is he gone to?

Yeah, I believe he graduated and just moved on.