• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB edges Delaware, 75-71

Have to say we gutted out this win. Not a lot of poise out there on those two techs by Eddie and Zane. Cost us four points and we also had another bad first half start. Zane needs to drink some caffeine or something to get him going (lol) but seriously, he had a nice all-around game when you consider his shot was off but made up for it with six assists and seven rebounds. Starr appeared to twist his ankle or do something to his lower leg in the second half. We can't afford to lose him unless Pat wants to start playing Prophete. He had an effiient 8 poitns and 2 assists with no turnovers on 3-5 FG. I think we need get Prophete on the court, even if it's 2-3 minutes in the first half. We were just never winning until the second half so I guess it wasn't his time.

As for Morman, do we miss him defensively and for depth purposes? Sure. But unlike the UNCW game, when he committed a needless foul up 2, we executed at the end of the game, fouling up 3 and making our FTs. That was nice to see when we've not exactly done that all year.

Not going to celebrate beating a Delaware team minus their leading scorer Ryan Daly with seven scholarship players. But this is a game we needed. Frustrations and tempers were starting to flare up in the second half and we survived it. But we can't keep getting off to these bad starts. Will need a better start at JMU on Saturday.

A W is a W, but these slow starts are problematic. At least the 3rd straight game of being behind at the half, & the 2nd of scoring less than 30 points in the 1st half.  As Zane goes, so goes the team-last 2 games he’s been ice cold in the 1st half, hence the team has scored 22 or 23 points in each of those 1st halves. 

We started the season going 10 deep. Now we’re down to an 8 man rotation, & Tunstall only played 11 minutes tonight. 

I should feel better about a W, but I’m just not optimistic about the rest of the season. JMU feels like a trap game. Oh well, hopefully I’ll be proven wrong 

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

A W is a W, but these slow starts are problematic. At least the 3rd straight game of being behind at the half, & the 2nd of scoring less than 30 points in the 1st half.  As Zane goes, so goes the team-last 2 games he’s been ice cold in the 1st half, hence the team has scored 22 or 23 points in each of those 1st halves. 

We started the season going 10 deep. Now we’re down to an 8 man rotation, & Tunstall only played 11 minutes tonight. 

I should feel better about a W, but I’m just not optimistic about the rest of the season. JMU feels like a trap game. Oh well, hopefully I’ll be proven wrong 

We might be down to 7 if Al is out.

He got hit in the nose from an elbow. Not sure if it was broken but for some reason, we didn't call a timeout. Zane turned the ball over with 4 against 5 and Mosley scored a layup at the other end right over Thomas, who was still on the floor beneath the basket holding his nose. Of course, we ended up needing the timeout because we had trouble inbouding the ball.

And why aren’t we playing Drexel next? After playing at UD, wouldn’t it have made more sense to go to Philly next, instead of a multi hour bus ride to JMU, only to go to Drexel next Thursday. Makes no sense.

BTW, there's going to be a lot of competition in the frontcourt next season. Solomon U. is starting to fill out. Raw post moves but has a nice jumper. As the late Dick Enberg would say, "Oh my"

• Like 1