• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB edges Delaware, 75-71

I’m telling you, IF (and it’s a big if) we get decent PG play next season, next year’s team could be better than this year. With Solomon U & Sanders, we should have some inside scoring presence to go with ZM

Nothing comes easy for this team.  We could use a decisive 15+ point win sometime soon to help boost some confidence coming down the stretch.  Maybe against JMU?

Go Tigers!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I’m telling you, IF (and it’s a big if) we get decent PG play next season, next year’s team could be better than this year. With Solomon U & Sanders, we should have some inside scoring presence to go with ZM

Ummmmm. Next year will be a step back for the program. Hell I think even football will have a better year than hoops (and football is BAD) 

pg-unknown 

sg-mcneil 

sf-zane

Pf-gorham

c-Alex/unknown 

freshmen rarely contribute to skerrys team  and you think relying on one at point and center along with McNeil, who lets face it is not a caa/mid major player, will make this team better??

this was to be the year  guards and wings galore  and 4 seniors  

caa has and always will be based on guard play we can’t just play bully ball with bigs  it has not worked for us before and will not work in the future

Respectfully disagree. C is not unknown; Sanders (Duquesne transfer-potential 12 ppg & 7 boards guy-vast upgrade); Solomon U (incoming 3-Star 6’8 recruit-had offers from the likes of Georgetown). McNeil will not be the starting SG, as that will be ZM’s spot. Gorham returning. With him, Sanders & Solomon U=vastly improved frontcourt over this season.

This doesn’t even factor in Betrand, Dottin & Drayton, not to mention the 2 open ships we still have.

Obviously, time will tell, but I stand by my assertion & I’m not looking through Tiger colored glasses-I’m much more of a glass half empty guy 

Expect them to add a transfer point guard. Possibly a grad transfer and another wing, probably a juco. They lose Morsell and he’s probably biggest loss though EK is a loss on D. But he has no position and we know Mike is inconsistent. Shocking that 2012 thinks we will suck which is par for the course. 

I’m kind of on the fence about next season not knowing about who we will get at point guard. Prophete is the big mystery. I love the addition of Sanders and that will allow JG to play power forward. He showed last night he could be very good at the 4. If we get a juco wing, maybe McNeill doesn’t start. That position is a concern with Drayton not having experience though we could move Zane to the 3 if Bertrand is ready or you go super big with Solomon U at the 3

The guy I’m puzzled by is Prophete. Prolific scorer in HS, & can’t get on the floor here. There’s a difference between a freshman who averages say 5ppg (kinda like ZM) but at least sees the floor, vs a guy who gets 0 minutes. Is it his defense? Ball handling? I really have to wonder if he has a future here.

Thats funny. I was posting this before your post about Prophete 

Edited by TSU88

He’s not very quick but tough to tell now. Maybe the game was too fast for him. Apparently he’s been better at practice 

Hindsight is 20/20, but maybe they should have redshirted him. As it is, they’ve burned one year of his eligibility & gotten zip in return 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but maybe they should have redshirted him. As it is, they’ve burned one year of his eligibility & gotten zip in return 

I wouldn't redshirt two freshmen. That means you would have just 10 scholarship players with Drayton and Sanders sitting out.