• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB edges Delaware, 75-71

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Respectfully disagree. C is not unknown; Sanders (Duquesne transfer-potential 12 ppg & 7 boards guy-vast upgrade); Solomon U (incoming 3-Star 6’8 recruit-had offers from the likes of Georgetown). McNeil will not be the starting SG, as that will be ZM’s spot. Gorham returning. With him, Sanders & Solomon U=vastly improved frontcourt over this season.

This doesn’t even factor in Betrand, Dottin & Drayton, not to mention the 2 open ships we still have.

Obviously, time will tell, but I stand by my assertion & I’m not looking through Tiger colored glasses-I’m much more of a glass half empty guy 

You are proving my point.. we have no clue what sanders will do. And the frosh, lets be serious there is a good chance he plays minimally for the majority of the year. Skerry brings them along slow. Nothing wrong with that. Mike Zane davis tj all come To mind and grew because of that. Hence why Ingram leaving was disappointing 

I mean everyone is really high on this soloman kid but wasn’t everyone on phrophete?? He could score in hs and people were penciling him in for 7-10 points a night..

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Shocking that 2012 thinks we will suck which is par for the course. 

Im sorry, but losing 4 seniors that have all started 30+ times in their career as well as 38 ppg, 15 rebounds a game and 7 assists

not easy to replace in one year. Unless you are Kentucky  

No one, including me, has a crystal ball. I will say though-someone extremely on the inside of the program (I won’t say who) told me Sanders could be a 12 ppg & 7 boards a game guy. I’ll defer to this person’s opinion.

As to Solomon, he was offered, or had interest, from Georgetown, Louisville, Memphis & VA Tech (per verbalcommits.com). Prophete’s only other offer was from St. Peter’s. 

Last year, W&M lost Dixon, Pruitt & Whitman. Over FORTY ppg. Last I looked, they’ve muddled through somehow this season. My point is, mid-major teams can overcome losing substantial production. It’s not just the UK’s of the world.

Losing EK, Morman & Starr shouldn’t be crippling. All had their moments, but none are irreplaceable by any means. As to Morsell, he’s had a fine 4 years. But let’s be candid-he’s a complimentary guy, not a #1. 

We’re going to have to agree to disagree. By next March, one of us might be proven right, while the other is proven wrong 

Edited by TSU88

55 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

You are proving my point.. we have no clue what sanders will do. And the frosh, lets be serious there is a good chance he plays minimally for the majority of the year. Skerry brings them along slow. Nothing wrong with that. Mike Zane davis tj all come To mind and grew because of that. Hence why Ingram leaving was disappointing 

I mean everyone is really high on this soloman kid but wasn’t everyone on phrophete?? He could score in hs and people were penciling him in for 7-10 points a night..

We have some clue. I've watched him practice and he averaged 6 rebounds in 19 minutes last season at Duquesne. He's not an unknown quantity. Not saying he's as great as maybe the staff thinks but he's better than Alex Thomas right now. At least he can rebound and should be able to defend some. As for Prophete, sure, projecting him for 7-10ppg based on HS stats is fine. Then he rarely played in Canada and was injured. Then I saw him in the summer and preseason and he showed up as much as J.J. Mathews showed two years ago. Never said he was great. Or good. I mentioned Pat (if you guys read my quotes) was leaning towards him or Rolle as backup point guard. Then it changed to McNeill as a possibility in preseason. That wasn't a good sign for Prophete. I won't give up on him but he has to show me something in regular minutes.

But I get it. Pat and his staff have to do a better job recruiting. Last year with Martin and Gorham was excellent. This year is iffy with Ingram already gone, Drayton redshirting and Prophete not playing. Count Sanders and I think he will contribute. It's ok to be excited about Solomon U. but the two guards are iffy. Haven't seen enough highlights to judge either way but when you see a 6-8 and a solid 230, can put the ball on the floor some, shoot it from deep and have that kind of body with some athleticism, why can we not be excited? Just because J.J. Mathews didn't turn out mainly due to injuries? Gorham looked decent in his half season at Calvert Hall and didn't have this kind of size. He's certainly in the upswing.

51 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Im sorry, but losing 4 seniors that have all started 30+ times in their career as well as 38 ppg, 15 rebounds a game and 7 assists

not easy to replace in one year. Unless you are Kentucky  

One is off the team and one is now coming off the bench. Both in my opinion, have been detriments at times probably more than being helpful. The other two are losses, no denying it. But not irreplaceable. I think losing the two seniors last season in Davis and Moto were bigger losses and we never really replaced them with a big freshman, juco or transfer to play right away.

Justin has shown a lot. And when get plays th 4 he will be better.  Defense is a concern though with him though. 

I know I’m in the minority here in liking Eddie and mike, but Eddie does alittle of everything and every team needs that. Also atleast in own opinion he has never committed a foul 

I also am a fan of Eddie, and moreso disappointed by Mike.. We all hoped he would have come into peak form for his senior year. 

I keep hoping Mike is going to take his game to another level, & start scoring 20 or so ppg, given that this is his last hurrah (coupled with the fact we have to replace Morman’s 8 ppg). Mike occasionally has such games, but then he throws in a clunker where he shoots 3-15 for the game. It’s the lack of consistency that is maddening.

EK certainly has his moments. I’ve likened him in the past to our Swiss Army knife-but you take the bad with the good-reckless drives to the hoop, turnovers, occasional loss of composure, fouls (although by his reaction to foul calls, EK has never committed a foul).