• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Grad transfer for next season?

Assuming the stats on njcaa.com are accurate, he came off the bench most of the time, only starting 7 games

EDDB44DA-D263-4603-9C23-E43D1C4B0697.png

Board has been quiet for too long so thought I'd mention something I noticed today.  Last we saw, Timberlake was making visits to Towson, Vermont and Elon two weeks ago.  Think players can make 5(?) official visits so maybe he is waiting to see if he gets any invites from A-10, C-USA or MVC schools.  I noticed on www.verbalcommits.com that Elon doesn't have spots left for 2018 and Vermont has 1 spot left with 3 open offers.  It's been at least a month since it was reported that Skerry was making an in-home visit to Timberlake and the website doesn't even mention that we offered a spot to Timberlake.  Wonder if it's all a dream and he's not even in the mix?  I hope I'm wrong.  Offers and signings seem to have slowed a bit over past week with really just Delaware, Charleston and W&M having recent signings.  Sure we'll be behind a bit on looking at 2019s though we've made offers to 2, maybe 3.  I think one of the players is from Gilman.  And side note not seeing a thing on where Zane or Justin might be off to.

Go to verbalcommits.com. If accurate, we’ve made multiple offers. Also, fwiw, one of our assistants is following & being followed on Twitter by a number of HS kids, JUCO’s & grad transfers. I’m skeptical about Timberlake, but who knows. What I’m pretty certain of is that the signing period for D1 ends 5/16, which is 3 weeks from today. Presumably, we have 3 open scholarships (ZM, Gorham & Prophete). No idea what’s going on with any of them, but I’m assuming ZM & Gorham are gone for good, but I guess never say never. I’m interested to see if we use all 3 scholarships for this upcoming season, or whether 1 of them gets used on a transfer who would have to sit out next season. Next 3 weeks should be interesting 

As I've mentioned before, we need to use two and probably will use the third as a transfer sit-out. Prophete is definitely gone. Martin maybe and Gorham, who knows. They need to take care of a few things first.