• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Guys not named Martin & Morsell

Shot 10-29 from the field. McNeil is a shooter who can’t shoot. Prophete got yanked from the game after badly missing a 3 from the corner. Albeit a very small sample size this season, but I see nothing to suggest he will be a contributor next season. 

Jordan has reverted back to last season. He doesn't have enough in the tool box to be a starter next season.  He not only missed a couple of open shots today but also missed another layup that Tunstall cleaned up for put back. He's streakt but not per game. It seems like he goes weeks without making a jumper then will make a few in a row. Another one of those players you just can't figure out. But production is production. He's not productive.

BTW, I forgot to mention this. The one word that was emphasized in the preseason was "SACRIFICE". I don't see that on offense or defense. I don't see the extra pass. I don't see a lot of guys taking charges. I just see bickering, gambling for steals, silly reach-fouls 40 feet away from the basket, two violations at the free throw line, bad shots, unforced turnovers. Not a lot of sacrifice.

I agree with you about the bickering. It’s a constant. Today the one that stood out to me was Thomas barking at EK during a timeout.

Oh, & the idiocy of not 1, but 2 lane violations. 

Low basketball IQ & undisciplined play. Round up the usual suspects 

Yeah, Eddie seems to always be involved in the bickering. I don't think that's always a bad thing but in that situation he appeared to be blaming Al for something on D. Then Pat was yelling at Eddie, Al was yelling at Eddie and Eddie was yelling at both. I guess now that Morman is gone, he needs somebody to yell at.

Seems like he’s been around forever, owing to the fact he redshirted his 1st year. I kept hoping he’d transfer out. Now he’ll be a senior next year. If he gets more than 5-10 minutes a game next year, we’re in deep doo 

Well, what are the other options next season? McNeill will play 20-25mpg and probably start barring a very good juco or grad transfer.

I don’t have a crystal ball of course, but there are 2 open ships. One of them damn well better be a PG, otherwise Prophete and/or incoming freshman Dottin are running the show, & the other one damn well better be a 3, to keep McNeil where he belongs, on the bench. I would find it hard to believe Skerry doesn’t realize the implications of McNeil playing 20-25 minutes a game next year