• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2014 Recruiting Class

When you look back at the downfall of this program, it starts with the recruiting class after the 2013-14 FCS championship runner-up, when we concentrated more on the playoffs then the reason we got to the playoffs (getting good football players). Monty Fenner and Will Hayes were/are all-conference players. Matt Kaufman is a starter. Sam Gallahan decent rotation receiver. Ellis couldn't make it at qb. Some faded away, others were just marginal backups or got hurt. Need more production from three or four players out of 17.

http://towsontigers.com/news/2014/2/6/Tigers_Add_17_Football_Recruits.aspx

Your post piqued my curiosity. Dontea Ayres wound up at Stevenson College, where he rushed for 322 yards in 2016. Greg White wound up at some point at Snow College in Utah. No idea what happened to James Hall. 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

When you look back at the downfall of this program, it starts with the recruiting class after the 2013-14 FCS championship runner-up, when we concentrated more on the playoffs then the reason we got to the playoffs (getting good football players). Monty Fenner and Will Hayes were/are all-conference players. Matt Kaufman is a starter. Sam Gallahan decent rotation receiver. Ellis couldn't make it at qb. Some faded away, others were just marginal backups or got hurt. Need more production from three or four players out of 17.

http://towsontigers.com/news/2014/2/6/Tigers_Add_17_Football_Recruits.aspx

Matt respectfully don’t just put it on the recruiting class from 2013-2014.coaching got a hand in it also.a lot of the impact players on the team that went to the championship were guys that were only at Towson because they were dismissed from the schools were they were at. I am pulling for Towson to get better but we can be realist about things.

14 minutes ago, Ironman42 said:

Matt respectfully don’t just put it on the recruiting class from 2013-2014.coaching got a hand in it also.a lot of the impact players on the team that went to the championship were guys that were only at Towson because they were dismissed from the schools were they were at. I am pulling for Towson to get better but we can be realist about things.

False! Don't make stuff up.  Which players were dismissed from another school on that 2013 team?  Telvion Clark that's it.. and that's a kid that was in the wrong place at the wrong time at VT. 

4 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

False! Don't make stuff up.  Which players were dismissed from another school on that 2013 team?  Telvion Clark that's it.. and that's a kid that was in the wrong place at the wrong time at VT. 

Why would I make stuff up I don’t have nothing to gain or lose.believe what you wanna believe . I support the team because players are there from my school district.when I say something I have done some research and you should not call names those players are gone now.

29 minutes ago, Ironman42 said:

how do you talk about the great rob and jared ambrose like that??!!!   Runda, I think he meant transfers and castoffs from other programs.

Clark, Gaddis, Sheppard, Love, Kinnard, Dowling, Pfeiffer, Enders, Dangerfield, and oh some guy named West.  All from 12/13 teams that were real good players and they all werent recruited out of HS by the "brothers"

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

how do you talk about the great rob and jared ambrose like that??!!!   Runda, I think he meant transfers and castoffs from other programs.

Clark, Gaddis, Sheppard, Love, Kinnard, Dowling, Pfeiffer, Enders, Dangerfield, and oh some guy named West.  All from 12/13 teams that were real good players and they all werent recruited out of HS by the "brothers"

Well done 

2 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

None were "cast offs"

they transferred for a reason...  clark, dangerfield and west all were.. for reasons of their own doing or others, so yes they were

Some kids in this 2014 class found out that they didn't want to be college football players.  It's a full time job at this level and not every HS star is capable of balancing the academics and physical/mental demands of college football.