• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls to JMU, 69-66 on Senior Night

So that would mean either Betrand or McNeill, or someone else through one of the open ships. I wonder if they’d consider going big, with Sanders, Solomon U (assuming he’s ready) & Gorham starting up front, with ZM & whoever is going to play point. Of course with that lineup, there’s no 3 point shooter other than ZM

The last out of bounds, Justin Gorham was wide open. We panicked and threw it away.

I totally forgot about this one.  That out-of-bounds play has a specific option where the roll man goes to the opposite block and he should be a key.  I don't even know if Starr looked at him but I know I screamed 'there he is' at my computer screen when Gorham popped open (if my co-workers didn't think I was crazy, it's cemented now).  The problem with most players nowadays is that they don't anticipate a play being open.  By the time they see it, coverage has already rotated over.  That should have been Starr's first option in his mind so he could have had the ball there when Gorham popped.  Would have been an easy layup attempt to tie the game.

Zane can move to the 3 so I anticipate a transfer at the 1 and 2 or three to start. I also expect Gorham to improve as a 3pt shooter 

6 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I hate that kind of speculation and he lost his father last season so maybe that anger is being taken out on the floor. He's probably going to start next season here so if he wants to make a move to another similar program, he won't be guaranteed anything. But again, it's ludicrous to even think that.

I haven’t seen such frustration by a player before. And that’s saying a lot. I think he’s a decent offensive player and getting better  (god awful on defense though) but someone that close to the school and his level on anger, it may be better for him and the program To part ways 

6 hours ago, mat1992 said:

It's not too late. But there are few options. He can't play Tunstall 35 minutes but he can play him 25-30 and why not start him? Play EK less minutes and start Gorham at the 4 with DT at the 5. As for McNeill, you never know what you're going to get from him. If you play him more over Starr, you risk a lot more turnovers. Even though Starr had a very bad Senior Night, he's normally not a turnover machine.

Yeah it’s to little to late. Sorry  seniors needed to be called out way before that.  Hopefully last night was McNeil’s senior night as well 

I wonder if Prophete will be back. Not trying to start a rumor, not saying anything bad about the young man, but given that Skerry won’t play him, even after the departure of Ingram & Morman created a need, you really have to wonder what his future is here.