• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

CAA tournament seeding

We’re currently in 5th place. While I guess we could still finish as high as 3rd or 4th, I’m going to assume, based on our recent past performance, we lose our last 2 games (on the road, vs Hofstra & NE) and finish 8-10. If that happens, we don’t move up, regardless of what W&M does in its last 2 games, as the worst they can finish is 9-9. 

We also can’t mathematically drop below the 6 line. The team behind us is Elon, at 6-9. For Elon to pass us & move into 5th, they’d have to win 2 of their last 3 (assuming of course we lose our last 2). Elon still has to play C of C & NE (as well as JMU). My prediction is they will lose at least 2 of those games, & thus not overtake us for 5th place. 

So, assuming we stay in 5th place, we would play either W&M (currently in 4th) or Hofstra, if W&M overtakes them for 3rd. 

As it now stands, I think we’ll play W&M in the 1st round. I don’t feel super confident about this squad beating any team 3X in one season. If we do manage that feat, our “reward” is likely C of C (who’s won like 10 games in a row) on what is essentially their home court.

Edited by TSU88

Forgot to mention that Elon also finishes ahead of us if they win their last 3 games (leaving them 9-9 in conference) AND we lose both our last 2 games, to finish 8-10 in conference. If both teams win out the rest of the season (highly unlikely) we finish ahead of them, 10-8 in conference to 9-9 for them.

If Elon goes 2-1, they finish 8-10. We would have to win 1 of our last 2 games in this scenario to stay ahead of them, as if we both finish 8-8, they have the tiebreaker by virtue of having swept us during the regular season.

Sooo, to summarize, to pass us for 5th, Elon has to win 2 of their last 3, & have us lose our last 2, or win all 3 of their remaining games & have us lose 1 of our last two games 

Yesterday would have clinched a bye but we choked that away.  5-6 very likely but 7-8 also in play.  

Posted on this the other day as well as my all CAA teams but posits got wiped out