• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2018 CAA Recruiting Class Rankings

Not sure how much stock to put into this. New Hampshire only had two out of the top 40, and that's always a strong program. Maine had two, and they always put a competitive team on the field. I think it mostly comes down to coaching -- though JMU has both good coaching and top-tier players, so they'll be good as long as Mike Houston is there. Anybody else wonder why Jeff Miller didn't draw more interest given his size?

I think Miller would have drawn more interest but he committed early and then signed early. Seems like the Ivies were jumping on him because of his great grades.

I’m just guessing, but perhaps he’s not terribly mobile, given his side. No-huddle, spread, run/pass option QB’s are the norm these days in college, it seems

I would take a smart, less mobile guy if he's strong as an ox like Big Ben and feels the pressure well. We'll just have to wait and see until the summer when he comes in whether he can play right away.

In a way, I hope he redshirts. Maybe that would mean Stover improved in the off-season. Give Miller a year to acclimate & then he still has 4 years of playing eligibility, starting in 2019.

If RA really loves Miller, he's going to throw him to the wolves so to speak because the clock is ticking and it's getting close to midnight.

Interesting thought. Isn’t RA under contract through 2020? That’s 4 more years. I’m skeptical we’d buy him out & pay a new coach at the same time. 

Maybe it’s 🍎 to 🍊, but look how we suffered through the end of Kennedy’s contract, rather than firing him

Edited by TSU88

I think it depends on how bad the record is. I could see them buying him out after the 2019 season if he doesn't make the playoffs. Then what is the point of having a coach with no years left and no extension. So he has to win this season, but with Stover or Miller, it's going to be tough unless you surround them with better weapons. Let's face it, as bad as the season was last year, we were 5-6 with our top two running backs hurt all season, a brand new OL and our top QB injured. There's no reason why we can't be at least 6-5 with better QB play, a healthy Shane, a transfer big back and improved OL play. Yes, I know we're playing JMU next season and that's a likely L. He's now running the offense so there are no more excuses.

Generally, it takes an 8-3 record to make the FCS playoffs, though every now & then a 7-4 might sneak in. So, if 8-3 is the bar, we pretty much have 2 L’s guaranteed, with Wake Forest & JMU. Means in the other 9 games we’d have to go 8-1. Even a diehard fan like me can’t envision that happening 

Edited by TSU88