• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2018 CAA Recruiting Class Rankings

5 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Not sure how much stock to put into this. New Hampshire only had two out of the top 40, and that's always a strong program. Maine had two, and they always put a competitive team on the field. I think it mostly comes down to coaching -- though JMU has both good coaching and top-tier players, so they'll be good as long as Mike Houston is there. Anybody else wonder why Jeff Miller didn't draw more interest given his size?

Agreed, I would not put much stock into these rankings.

4 hours ago, mat1992 said:

If RA really loves Miller, he's going to throw him to the wolves so to speak because the clock is ticking and it's getting close to midnight.

Thank goodness. 

On 2/19/2018 at 5:24 PM, mat1992 said:

. He's now running the offense so there are no more excuses.

Rob is running the offense -- did I miss something? Has the little brother been demoted?

A name change? Is he going in witness protection? Sorry, I’m not trying to kill the messenger, but this sounds like an empty gesture, designed to insulate a guy who otherwise would be canned, but for the pesky detail that the HC is his bro.

Should have never got the job in the first place.  Is this supposed to appease what’s left of the fan base? If so, it ain’t working with this season ticket holder. More like a bad joke. Borderline insulting, if you ask me.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. 

• Like 1

I think it's a bit for the fanbase but you can see the writing on the wall last season. They brought in Lyndon Johnson as the RB coach/recruiting coordinator and then he takes over for Hach. Why? They had two of three losing seasons. TL is pushing for changes. He can't fire Rob yet so he is doing what hundreds of programs do and that's change the coordinator before they fire the head coach. In Jared's case, Rob was the better playcaller. Should you hire your brother in that situation? Does it really ever work out in most cases? He's still on the staff and as far as I know, QB coach and probably recruiting coordinator. Maybe he even keeps the OC name unless the new OL coach gets that moniker but as far as I know, Rob is going to call the plays again.