• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Feature on Solomon Uyaelunmo

That’s a nice story. Seems like a really good kid. 6’7-6’8 with athleticism. He’s only going to get better-lots of upside. I try not to look at things through Tiger colored glasses, but it’s hard not to be excited about this kid’s potential. Hopefully more productive in his freshman year than our last Fla recruit 

I know every time I pump up a kid, it usually becomes a letdown though Zane looked pretty good coming out of HS. Just think that UConn, USF, Georgetown, Louisville and Memphis offered. Older brother is 6-11 and playing with USC. He's the most skilled big coming in since Benimon. Best freshman big and maybe freshman ever.

Don’t feel bad, I had Prophete scoring 10-15 ppg this season. 

Was Solomon really offered by all those schools you mentioned, or were some of them just sniffing around/expressing interest? I do recall seeing confirmation of a Georgetown offer on his Twitter.  Assuming some or all of those schools offered him, it’s quite a coup to have beat them out.

IF, IF, IF he lives up to potential, this is why I believe with him & Sanders next season that next year’s squad will be better than this year’s team (assuming we get decent point guard play, which has been the bane of Skerry’s existence here).

Well, there you have it. I’m intrigued by Betrand too. It doesn’t look like he scores a lot, but I’m not sure that’s the role his HS team needs him to fill. He’s out of the Philly Catholic league, & the last two guys we got out of there turned out pretty good.

Dottin is also intriguing. I think his HS team in Boston was quite successful, with him running the point. Now he’s doing a year of prep school in CT

Lets face it, Skerry needs a bounce back recruiting class. This year’s incoming class consists of a kid who’s already left the program, a kid who redshirted, & a kid who has scored one basket all season. 

So here’s an excerpt from a story about a recent game between Solomon U’s team vs the #3 HS team in the country.

Solomon’s team lost 61-39, but he scored 17 points, including 2 3-pointers. The most interesting thing in the article to me was that his coach was having the 6’8 Solomon bring the ball upcourt, because apparently he had more confidence in Solomon handling the ball then the guards on the team.

EC7A814F-170A-45BF-B93C-22A7A932A786.png