• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

21 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

They never post the men's lacrosse recruits. I have to go to Laxpower.com to find them so I think it's a spring sport thing. I would think the coaches would want to have a story on their recruits but it's a little different in hoops and football, where it's more publicized. But with nothing going on in the summer, it would be nice if they did a story on recruits for each spring program. Have the coach comment on each, just as they would do in their media guide.

Agreed.  Each player should have "their day in the sun" on the athletics website!  You shouldn't have to go anywhere else.  Having to go elsewhere is more club or intramural sport like in my mind.  

I know Coach Tyner will want to make that change going forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

Women's Golf took a position at Georgetown. It was posted on Georgetown's website

There was no change on the Towson website. I don't follow women's golf so that slipped by me. 

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

They never post the men's lacrosse recruits. I have to go to Laxpower.com to find them so I think it's a spring sport thing. I would think the coaches would want to have a story on their recruits but it's a little different in hoops and football, where it's more publicized. But with nothing going on in the summer, it would be nice if they did a story on recruits for each spring program. Have the coach comment on each, just as they would do in their media guide.

Agree 100%.  I believe they went so far as to have a daily pre-season or spring report on football practices during a year when Waddell was there.  Even though there has been SID turnover since then, I can't see a simple article highlighting recruits for all olympic sports being a problem.  But hey they still have a personal photo of the men's golf coach up on the website instead of official head shot and he's been there for a couple of months and the bio for the baseball coach is still just a copy of the release on plans to announce him as the next baseball coach.

That is a lot of turnover but honestly in sports I (& 99% of people) care nothing about so it's not getting any attention, other than a tiny bit for baseball and WBB.

Just curiously, someone mentioned culture before. What is the culture TL is looking for/trying to build? I'd assume winning....but that is super vague. 

WBB - She lost most of her staff last summer then left to go home to Georgetown. Super nice, but never lived close to Towson. Replaced by someone who has never coached a D1 game.

Baseball - 30 years here. Towson AD and friends of the school waited until the last player from the 2012-3 experience graduated then let him and his staff go for an older gentleman that cost twice as much ... curious.

MGolf - 20 years here. He was a superior pain in the ass in the department, because he was an excellent fundraiser, had no problems telling admins the truth, and ran a fairly successful program given the conditions he was working in. Replaced by a former player.

Tennis - Head Coach left last Fall for Florida and hasn't been officially replaced.

WGolf - Left after 6 years for Georgetown to be closer to family. No word on a replacement.

Field Hockey - When Caret put in field turf on the football field for "big time" sports their was an ancillary promise that the field hockey team would get a turf field. It never happened, but Caret is the Chancellor now so there's that. Good luck to the new coach.

We also lost a number of people in administrative positions in the past year that were jobs created by Waddell. It's always a carousel here, but not general in the coaching ranks.