• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Skerry time to go?

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It’s ok, I didn’t post anything terribly noteworthy, but then again when do I?😊

You made a valid point about waiting too late and we've had a lot of transfers, but only two grad transfers (Dixon, Gavrilovic). The bottom line is that you want to get it right.

Transfers so for (Damas was a really a PK commit that signed here)

Good
Jerrell Benimon
Mike Burwell
Bilal Dixon
Ralph Guthrie
Four McGlynn
DeShaun Morman (at least last year)
Moto

Middling
Brian Starr

Bad
Josh Ivory
A.J. Astroth
Alex Gavirlovic (inj.)

Sort of like “the good, the bad & the ugly.”’ The track record overall is pretty good on transfers, though using your rating system out of a total of the 4 middling to bad gets, 2 were PG’s. I know that Skerry knows this, but we really need 1 of these remaining ships to be a good PG

On 3/4/2018 at 5:19 PM, Tgr4life said:

Very talented. Just needed to grow up

Troy Franklin, the guy who got caught cheating on an exam and took a swing at a Professor. Yeah, needed to grow up. Transferred to Coppin and Fang punched his ticket not  3 months into the season as he was a POS.

On 3/4/2018 at 7:31 PM, Tgr4life said:

Other coaches were nice guys or ladies and got fired. Greg P (women’s soccer) Gottleib (baseball) Erricker (track), if winning is important in the less relevant sports, why not in high profile. In fact it should me more so.

None of those coaches had big dollar contracts and had 7-figure buyouts. Erricker was a joke, which has been pointed out by his successor being a major success.  Outside of Lacrosse, Swimming and now Track this program lacks discipline and an identity.

On 3/4/2018 at 6:03 PM, tualum said:

Why bring up this topic again? He isn't going anywhere and this is who we are. An average to sometimes below average squad. Most took the kool aid from that 10-1 start besides myself and maybe one other. Will be having the same discussion this time next year and beyond  until his contract ends. Decent recruiter with the exception of a point guard and poor Xs and Os guy. His ability to lead and motivate is highly suspect. But again, no choice but to embrace it. Skerry ball lives on....

Almost a year to date.... lol