• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Skerry time to go?

6 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Other coaches were nice guys or ladies and got fired. Greg P (women’s soccer) Gottleib (baseball) Erricker (track), if winning is important in the less relevant sports, why not in high profile. In fact it should me more so.

They did not win at all. Erricker? He never won anything.They brought in Jackson and he won the CAA in the second year.Gottlieb was there forever and had some good years. How many titles has Tony Shaver won but he's been there for 13 or 14 years.

My point exactly. Changes were made and results followed. I am not saying the changes should or should not have been made. Just what the basis for the change was

Skerry has done good things, but he has no more conference championships than Erricker. Administration has to be consistent. Regarding your point on Shaver. Certainly they like to win and now more so with the new AD. The philosophy under the previous AD was not to fire coaches based on won/loss record. They are a different type school than Towson with different type of student body.

28 minutes ago, lightspeednate said:

I think basketball is a sport where one or 2 players can make the difference. I think Pat has had some teams that are close to getting to the NCAA tourney, but I think most of his teams have lacked a go to threat on offense. Benimon was probably his one star of note from his tenure so far, but they got upset by W&M in his final season.

Zane had a very high PPG this season, but I think it was partially due to there being no one else to compensate for some scoring.

I am really looking for to seeing Gorham continue to grow, and to see the two big men fill in the depth chart (Solomon and Duquense transfer).  

It's the offseason that will decide the rest of the fate for next season. Have to find some guards.

I think PS knows that he isn't going to be able to get top recruits to Towson, so the transfers are the key to Rating his offseason.

He's got to go scrap for some gems.

Close?  HahahahahahahahHhaahahh 

Comeback when we are 40 minutes from the promised land 

Sadly true, we’ve never been “close.” “close” to me means at least making it to the conference tournament championship game. 

23 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

They did not win at all. Erricker? He never won anything.They brought in Jackson and he won the CAA in the second year.Gottlieb was there forever and had some good years. How many titles has Tony Shaver won but he's been there for 13 or 14 years.

How many caa title games has he atleast played for?!  Apples and oranges.  he is hand tied like Cohen at Ne

resources.facilities. Recruitment.  Sorry skerry has every single advantage over  vcu odu maskn and ga state less caa.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

My point exactly. Changes were made and results followed. I am not saying the changes should or should not have been made. Just what the basis for the change was

Skerry has done good things, but he has no more conference championships than Erricker. Administration has to be consistent. Regarding your point on Shaver. Certainly they like to win and now more so with the new AD. The philosophy under the previous AD was not to fire coaches based on won/loss record. They are a different type school than Towson with different type of student body.

He won 20 games in back-to-back seasons until this season, won two in-season tournaments for a program that hasn't won a title since 1992 and you want to fire him. It's really a moot point with the 8-year extension so I don't know what the point is of this thread. To compare him to Roger Erricker is a joke. Or even Gottlieb, though I know he had few resources.

• Like 1

Just now, mat1992 said:

I don't know what the point is of this thread. 

It’s that he has been given way more than any coach in Towson history and as much or More than any other in Caa has nothing to show for it.

i don’t know about the rest of you but lack of success in my job would result in firing...

The point I was making, which seems to have gotten lost, is your signature sport needs to win. Beating Manhattan and LaSalle doesn’t cut it. He has done some good things, but given the funding, excuses do not count. You just have to play better. Given the goal of this administration to move to a higher level conference, winning is all that matters. 20 wins playing Rio Grande and NJIT is good but certainly not something to hang your hat on. Get to the big dance.....period.

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It’s that he has been given way more than any coach in Towson history and as much or More than any other in Caa has nothing to show for it.

i don’t know about the rest of you but lack of success in my job would result in firing...

It's a moot point because he cant get fired and nor should he. I don't care if he got a f-ing Winnebago and a mansion. We are not in the ACC or Big 12 the last time I checked. But I know you want every coach fired. That's fine. I don't. This isn't PK, Hunt or Jazz, where they had ZERO winning seasons. I don't fire a coach for winning just yet. But let's hear from he guy tht hired him. I know he's on the board somewhere.

Skerry will continue to put a good product on the floor. But a good product does not get Towson to the dance nor does it get Skerry a big time job. Towson will have a team with some nice wins and some disappointing losses. That is what this style of basketball brings. We just need to accept it. He will graduate his players and will bring pride to Towson. But is that what he is being paid to do? 

Either way we know what we have.