• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
BoogerJ

Tigers Leaving Under Armour?

If it's true I'm sure it's UA leaving Towson since we bring basically no sponsorship value to them. UA is just coming out of their 5 year low on stock price; I'm sure their execs are not trying to give us any deals and I'm sure we are wanting the bmore hookup.  The current deal is up at the end of this semester.

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2013/01/08/towson-university-under-armour-extend.html

I am personally losing interest in UA as a consumer, the gear just isn't better than the competition at this point and with Plank being a Trump homie no thanks.  I stopped buying any non-Towson UA gear after their failure into low quality shoes.  If we can get Nike or Adidas to give us a sweet deal to basically give UA a big FU on their home turf I'm all for it.  Even FILA is coming back into style.  Give me the adidas trefoil or FILA logo on Towson gear and that will sell like crazy with students and younger alumni.

Uggh, I haven't heard anything about us leaving UA. If it's true, it's absurd. Nads was wearing an UA hat today. The political stuff hurt Plank but seriously, the guy is a Marylander and what CEO of a major company is a Dem. Not many are. He supports a lot of local programs, not just College Park. I buy some of their stuff (shoes are much-improved) and will continue to support them as long as they support us and vice versa.

My son is a shoe junkie and used to give UA as much attention as Nike. He doesn't anymore, and that has nothing to do with politics. He just doesn't like their products very much anymore.

17 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Uggh, I haven't heard anything about us leaving UA. If it's true, it's absurd. Nads was wearing an UA hat today. The political stuff hurt Plank but seriously, the guy is a Marylander and what CEO of a major company is a Dem. Not many are. He supports a lot of local programs, not just College Park. I buy some of their stuff (shoes are much-improved) and will continue to support them as long as they support us and vice versa.

Not trying to make this a political issue more a focus on the quality of the product for the price and it's just not worth it.  I'll continue buy gear for whoever is the official supplier of Towson because I'm supporting Towson not the athletics brand. But outside of anything TU branded UA is not my jam.  I do think it's in UA best interest to continue to support us, building that local fortress but I don't think we should bend over backwards for them, in fact we should leverage UA short comings to get a better deal. If we get a better deal from another brand do it, simple as that.

Don't care about Plank being a Marylander...I'm a Washingtonian and will continue to see bmore as a second city. (sorry it's just the view of anyone south of route 32) Baltimore is cute in it's historic pockets but just isn't a true international city. Plank was at one point a Washingtonian first too then he was able to get ploy bmore to fork over Millions in tax breaks.

Regarding CEO of major companies not being Dems.. that is just ridiculous and has nothing to do with us coming into an athletics brand contract renewal.

1. CEO typically keep political affiliations on the DL because they do not want to alienate customers on either side.
  2. Being a Republican or Democrat does not quality you as more or less business savvy
  3. The data literally says the opposite.

BTW, whether you like Plank or not or his products, he's right in our own backyard. Why not use him and let him use us? Nike is in Oregon the last time I checked and could give a rat's ass about Towson. Yet I'm guessing we have a few Towson guys that work for UA.