• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can only think of 1 or 2 other schools that I'd LEAST like to see be the first 16 than that team.

That said, they took Virginia behind the woodshed and beat them so bad it would make the redheaded stepchild jealous.

Go Retrievers against Kansas State! Never liked Virginia's slow-down style but didn't see that coming. Lyle is that guard that can take you far but everybody else fed off him. They really have one great and a bunch of overachievers, but they play hard, our well-coached and outhustled the Cavs, who just thought they'd walk on the court and beat them. I mean, we beat them by 13 so UVa should have trashed them by 25, right?

Just now, tualum said:

Freakin sad. Want to jump off a bridge. Yeah Matt, give it to me....lol

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA! Tony Bennett! Bennett ball!

15 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Can only think of 1 or 2 other schools that I'd LEAST like to see be the first 16 than that team.

That said, they took Virginia behind the woodshed and beat them so bad it would make the redheaded stepchild jealous.

agree. But they have (had) a coach and strategy conducive to winning in 2018

Again I’ll always ask this how did they get Lyles?  

22 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA! Tony Bennett! Bennett ball!

LOL. But seriously, this was looking like a long night from the get go. The energy wasn't there and shots weren't falling.  Even if Hunter played I still think we lose. Hoos weren't mentally prepared and you have to blame Bennett on this. Have no idea what team was playing tonight.  Props to UMBC, that Lyles was making everything and they were shooting lights out. Had energy and all. Go UMBC...

If it wasn’t for Auburn winning dispite Bruce Pearl it really would of been a bad night for Towson. 

Amazed at just how easy UMBC guards were able to penetrate and get to the rim. Unfortunately their win and Buffalo beating Arizona basically give Coach Cal and Kentucky a double bye into the Elite 8

I’m curious to see what everyone thinks about where UMBC’s W ranks historically in the annals of college basketball. Clearly, it’s historical in that it’s the 1st #16 beating a #1. Off the top of my head, I’ve thought of a few games that might be as, if not more, historically significant: Texas Western beating Kentucky for the title in the 60’s; NC State beating Houston for the title; Villanova beating G’town for the title. 

Some other historic candidates: Houston (Elvin Hayes) beating UCLA (Lew Alcindor); & arguably the biggest upset of all, Chaminade over Ralph Sampson’s UVA (poor wahoos!!) though that game was a meaningless regular season game.