• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerone94

Towerlight Opinion - State of Athletics

Odom is a fine coach, assuming he stays. He turned down Middle Tenn State but if Xavier has interest, that's something you have to look into. 

Don’t blame him for passing on directional Tennessee State. He should bet on himself and hold out for high major or P5

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

All props to UMBC, but the ceaseless slurping on them should be kept in the context that they caught lightning in a bottle for 20 minutes in the 2nd half vs UVA. In the 1st half they scored 21 points. In the 1st half vs K-State they scored 20 points, & 23 in the 2nd half. I suspect that had they drawn Kansas, Villanova or just about anyone other than an offensively challenged UVA, they would have been beat down by 30-40 points.

The real challenge/opportunity for UMBC is to build on this, now that Lyles & Maura are gone. In that regard, they do play in a cream puff league (other than Vermont) & they have recruited a highly thought of JUCO PG for next season, & had a kid who sat out this year, who transferred in from Providence. Perhaps Odom will capitalize where Ambrose failed to after our magical run in football a few years ago 

Pretty small to belittle the UMBC win. If Towson had done that, you would be screaming from the mountaintops. The entire tournament is about matchups....so they got who they got and took advantage of it. They play in a league that they can compete on a financial level. Very much a matter of knowing who you are, which is a good management style.Sounds like a little jealousy to me!

Though I will admit to being envious that they’ve done something we’ve been unable to do. Other than that, F UMBC, & the horse they ride in on.

Ok, Mr. Small,

if you like college athletics, it is a great story. This is one of the memories college athletic fans will always remember. Of course you and all of the posters here wish it was Towson, but these are the moments and the reason people like sports!

1 hour ago, Billy1121 said:

Do you think anyone is going around their office bragging that their alma mater  Towson beat Morgan or Coppin, or even Loyola?  I go to more games than probably 99% of alums and I don’t care.  I want TL to brag about wining the CAA and going to the tournament for men’s b-ball.  I just goes to show that he doesn’t understand what will draw fans.  Either tons of free stuff for students or winning/tourney appearances for alums.  Period.

I agree with this. Im also one who thinks TL hangs his hat on this greater baltimore "champs". Im sure its not what he had in mind obviously to start. but thats what he is doing and has done lol 

6 hours ago, Billy1121 said:

Using our history with Morgan State and Loyola just goes to show how out of touch TL is as no one cares about those games.

My opinion is that you drop football completely and sink that money into the other sports.  Focus on men’s lacrosse and basketball.  I don’t care if we win 30 CAA titles in volleyball.  NO ONE CARES. 

This... hahaha..

6 hours ago, Billy1121 said:

This coming from someone who supported Pat Kennedy until the bitter end and now wants to use that disaster as a baseline for how far we’ve come.  

It would be amazing if you actually knew what was going on in our athletic department the last 15 years.