• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
sr16

Zane Serious? or Joking

Seems to be a trend with top CAA players because Tramaine Isabell of Drexel is also doing it. I don't get it but that's his choice. I think they want to see what they have to work on to get to the next level. Zane's ballhandling, flat shot, shot selection, and defense, free throws are all issues. He's not super-athletic and guessing at 6-4, doesn't have a huge wingspan, which is important at the next level when you see 6-6 and 6-7 shooting guards all the time. 

He'll be back. Now there are three CAA players doing this (Isabell, Martin, Wright-Foreman). What's next, Justin Gorham declaring? 

10 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

He'll be back. Now there are three CAA players doing this (Isabell, Martin, Wright-Foreman). What's next, Justin Gorham declaring? 

Agreed pulled this from a piece on Isabell on drexel site . I think he can actually get a real shot if he comes back and has the same year. 

""This is a very good opportunity for me and my family," said Isabell. "I am appreciative of Coach Spiker and his staff supporting me in this decision. I will not be hiring an agent, which will allow me to test the waters and get feedback from NBA teams. If it's in my best interest not to stay in the draft, I will return to Drexel to begin preparation with my teammates for a successful 2018-19 season.""

BTW, who has doubted Zane? Maybe in his first season but when the team goes 8-10 in the conference and you average 20ppg on 46.2% FG (38% 3pt) overall but you average 21 points and shoot 43.8% in league play (37% 3pt) and 67% from the line, that kind of shows you are a gunner. Not saying he's not a good player but he has a lot of work to do. It's fine to have a dream but unless you are a sure-fire first-round pick, what's wrong with getting a degree?

I think we all agree he’s not getting drafted. The potential problem though, as I see it, is if he’s hellbent on playing for pay, he could leave & go D-League 

I don't think the G-League would want him. If he doesn't want a degree, that's his choice but stay for at least one more year to improve before you make the jump. If he's desperate for money, I guess he could go overseas.