• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax routed at Hofstra, 9-3

We were down 2-1 at the half despite having 10 turnovers. Mazza, Kinnear and Ewell (discipline) did not play and Chetner missed first half. Add those distractions to missing your best offensive player and longstick defender but that still doesn't excuse 16 turnovers. Maybe travel also got to them as well. Just awful offensive execution today. Looked like we were afraid to shoot. Hofstra never gave them any good looks. Giuffreda had one at crease and scored but stepped in crease after he let the shot go. That would have tied the game in the first half and we never got any close.

http://towsontigers.com/news/2018/3/31/mens-lacrosse-towson-stumbles-in-caa-opener-at-hofstra.aspx

This team shows no improvement on the turnover front -- especially unforced turnovers. I don't know how you coach that out of players. Maybe we just recruited the wrong guys.

I don't think it's an outrageous comment to critique the recruiting, esp. the transfers. We should be getting better freshmen, those who should be able to play right away. But recruiting in lacrosse starts really early, like freshmen in HS so we might not feel the Final Four in recruiting until 2019 or 2020. But the transfers just don't impress. Not Monahan from Md or the MacLean kid from Stony Brook. Not Chetner from Richmond. None of the offensive recruits are that impressive. I do like Koby Smith, who is a LSM but was forced to play close today. He was at Navy Prep.

Mazza really hurt us today. We depend so much on him, Chetner and Monahan to run the offense. Chetner missed the first half as did Woodall though Stillwell was good on face-offs. What a cluster-F for the first conference game. 

• Sad 1

When is signing period for lacrosse? Is it like baseball where they sign after jr year?  Sorry not a big lax follower. 

The increase in teams has to hurt us, being a public school. But always seems like this coach has his team playing it’s best end of season when it counts 

All I know is that they never promote the signing period. I think it's in April like basketball but you never see the class on a press release or on the website.

Uggh, more stupidity than anything else. Maybe Nads is trying to be coy about playing them against Drexel. I don't know if they are going to be available but if you are not going to play Mazza and Ewell this weekend, you are risking throwing the season away. Starting the CAA 0-2 basically means you have to win every game the rest of the way. The offense without Mazza and with Chetner only playing a half was horrible. Now they were playing a very good defense, but why wouldn't every defense just pressure us from up top and double team guys like Sunday and Monahan or force lefty Maloof to go right.

yeah and its almost angering because he wont even say why.. how frustrating. we had so much momentum even with close losses and then you pull 3 (if you include woodall early on) of your best players going into the toughest caa game