• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
AtlantaTiger

Zane Martin - NBA

Why would Tramaine Isabell of Drexel come out or Wright-Foreman from Hofstra? There are dozens of players around the nation that have no chance of being drafted but are putting their name out without signing with an agent so they can be giving an assessment of their abilities.

http://towsontigers.com/news/2018/4/4/mens-basketball-martin-declares-for-nba-draft.aspx

There are a myriad of reasons he could be doing this, ranging from he simply wants to see what the NBA thinks of his game, to he doesn’t like school (a shocking concept, I admit), to his family is in a bad way financially, to someone is whispering in his ear that he’s NBA ready. Regardless of his motivation, it’s extraordinarily unlikely he’s getting drafted. He has until 11:59pm on May 30th to withdraw his name. So meanwhile, it seems to me that leaves Skerry in limbo somewhat; does he recruit another kid, to be on the safe side or does he assume ZM will be back. Even if he comes back for next season, my strictly uneducated guess is he won’t be around for his senior season 

Again, there are so many people that are putting their names in. I think Fernando and Huerter from Maryland are doing it. Fernando is understandable because he's built like a Greek God but he is raw as hell and Huerter is a not physically ready. Huerter will be back But they have faced the top competition while Zane traveled to Northern Ireland, Canada and Florida. It's just become one of the trends and it's fine as long as these kids come back. If you are desperate for money, I get it but why not wait it out, get your degree and then you'll have options. Give the NBA a shot and if not, try Europe or the G-League. When the career ends, you'll have a degree to fall back on. 

17 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Not getting an agent so still hope but not a good look. my guess is he is trying to be get a scouting report from the NBA then graduate quickly to be a grad transfer at a power 5.

I dont think its a bad look. but the latter of this I can definitely seem him doing a couple more years and transferring to a p5 

11 minutes ago, sr16 said:

I dont think its a bad look. but the latter of this I can definitely seem him doing a couple more years and transferring to a p5 

The guys that do that are usually redshirts their first year or they had an injury that cost them the season (med rs). If you can graduate in 3 years, more power to you. But if you are good enough to play in the NBA, it doesn't matter if you play at Towson or Duke. Well, maybe not Duke but if he transferred to Duke, he ain't playing there. You have to find a perfect fit for a P5 school that just lost their starting two guard for whatever reason.

If he were transferring to a P5, presumably he would have announced that already, unless you’re suggesting he’ll transfer after next season. We’ll just have to play the waiting game & see

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

If he were transferring to a P5, presumably he would have announced that already, unless you’re suggesting he’ll transfer after next season. We’ll just have to play the waiting game & see

I think that was his point. If he wants to play against tougher competition and transfer to a P5 school, he'll have to sit out or a year, or he can wait until after his junior season and try and graduate in 3 years. Not impossible with summer courses but still difficult. Look, let's just hope he returns here for his junior season and if he elevates his play again and makes the improvements the scouts want, then leave.