• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tiger1stRow

Zane Martin asks for release

The reason I prefer Timberlake is his ballhandling and point guard abilities. He's more combo guard than wing. If we get this kid. we're probably starting McNeill with Fobbs and T.J. Howard. But I would certainly have no issue with taking a 3-year Juco if he's good. Good student with a bunch of solid mid-majors after him.

Whoever we get, I’m still holding out hope they show enough of a skill set, regardless of whether they’re a JUCO or HS, to supplant McNeill in the starting lineup. 

• Like 1

McNeill could get the start early only because he's the only experienced D1 player aside from Sanders, who had two years at Duquesne. I guess you can count T.J. Howard, who played some at Western Ky as a freshman. But Fobbs, Drayton, Dottin, Betrand, Solomon, Al Thomas, and Tunstall is not enough.

I’m going to reserve judgment until I see who the 2 players are who we will presumably sign before 5/16, the end of the signing period. Presumably one of them should be a SG (ZM replacement) unless they’re going to go with Betrand & Fobbs. The other presumably a front court guy, to plug into Gorham’s spot. Bank the 3rd ship for a transfer who will sit out this coming season & play starting in the fall of 2019.

As to Jones, just as I suspected, a false messiah 😆. As to this Wingett kid, hard to imagine he’s going to choose us over Auburn, but you never know. He also just got offered by Memphis. Meanwhile, I guess we’re still twisting in the wind on Timberlake. Signing deadline is just a little over 2 weeks away 5/16). Meanwhile, I see we’ve also made several offers for 2019.

Edited by TSU88

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

As to Jones, just as I suspected, a false messiah 😆. As to this Wingett kid, hard to imagine he’s going to choose us over Auburn, but you never know. He also just got offered by Memphis. Meanwhile, I guess we’re still twisting in the wind on Timberlake. Signing deadline is just a little over 2 weeks away 5/16). Meanwhile, I see we’ve also made several offers for 2019.

Not even paying close attention to 2019. Let's finish 2018 first. We're probably late to the party on Wingett, but if he wants to play for a P5 or an upper echelon program like Memphis, be my guest. He might see time by his junior season. If he wants to play a lot of minutes right away, come to Towson.