• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tiger1stRow

Zane Martin asks for release

6 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

I think that's a great point you make regarding the mindset of a player.....either they bail because they don't play or because they think they've become too good for the program.  I will say this, I don't envy the job that coaches at the mid-major level have to do in terms of recruiting.  A lot of these kids have one foot out the door at all times. 

In my opinion, Towson needs to make up its mind on what it wants to be known as in regard to its athletic programs.  Go ALL in on one sport.  Be known as an ELITE mid-major basketball program, a-la Butler circa 2007-2011, and truly commit to building the program.  Become a "Giant-slayer" program and adopt an anyone, anywhere, anytime approach to scheduling.  Kids/recruits respect that and want to be a part of that kind of culture.

OR

Recommit to building the football program and make every effort to become the North Dakota State of the east coast.  Bring in the best coach you can get.

Towson has been ambivalent about its sports identity for far too long.  It should have far more success in its "core" sports than it does. 

It starts with a competent Athletic Director.

hoops all day. football is on a slowwwwwwwwwww death march.  Well below 500 since mr. west left campus. 1 ncaa tournament win is worth more to a school than 3 FCS trophies.

• Like 1

Can we recruit the dad & pass on the kid?

Half the CAA was on this kid when he came out. Hofstra, JMU & Drexel, in addition to us. He’s also from the Philly Catholic League, where Skerry has had a pipeline, w/ JD, ZM & Betrand

Edited by TSU88

Well can't believe everything we see on Twitter, but Looks like Charles Henderson Jr. has cancelled his planned official visit to Towson on May 4.  Next man up...

Since Charles Henderson Jr (6’3, CG, 2018) of Trinidad State has committed to UT Martin per Juco Recruiting tweet. It was said that he was going to take an official with us this week. Are there any other scheduled. visits that we know of?

Edited by Basketball Mat