• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tiger1stRow

Zane Martin asks for release

As I feared. He’s either done with college, or he’s transferring to a P5. I haven’t been sold on the theory that Prophete is automatically the odd man out, & this confirms my belief

Btw, for anyone counting, that’s 58 points from last year’s squad (Starr, EK, Morman, Morsell & now ZM) that have to be replaced.

It certainly was strange that he put his name out as a sophomore at a mid-major school. I don't want to throw out the why this happened until I find out more info but if it's a financial thing, he better get his passport ready to play overseas. At least he has one after going to N. Ireland and Canada. Maybe those trips got him thinking about playing overseas but this early?

This is an interesting area for discussion, in that it seems like recruiting these days is like walking through a mine field blindfolded. If the kid doesn’t get enough minutes immediately, he transfers. If the kid gets minutes & produces, his peeps start telling him he’s too good for a low to mid-major, and he transfers. What do you do? If Gorham goes, combines with ZM, how can anyone conclude that this is anything other than a MAJOR setback for the program. What, if any, reflection is this on Skerry, in terms of the kind of kids he’s recruiting? (Don’t forget Ingram who quit on us, & Morman, who got booted). Or do we simply chalk this up to the epidemic of kids everywhere transferring at the drop of a hat?