• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

2018 schedule

So we are in rebuild mode and 2018 is going to be brutal.  We have the trip to the Bahamas but what else?  Before the last week we were begging for good games and skerry and Leonard have been a bust on scheduling.

Uncw got a 2 for 1 with unc and then a h and h with Stanford. 

C of c got LSU h and h a few years ago (when Lus had Simmons) 

Hofstra got nova at Nassau coliseum last year

elon plays duke at “home” in greensboro

ne got Michigan state in a hockey b-ball h and h 

delaware got notre dame at home last year

most games are regional and with coaches contacts but sheesh skerry has been well traveled through the year. Stop playing the d3s and local games and maybe we get more than 1100 people 

I think the schedule is the last thing we're thinking about right now but it will definitely be a step up from last season. The Bahamas trip will be fun for those that go but not playing top-tier teams. Going to be tough for a rebuilding team and I guess that winning streak over local teams will likely end, though Loyola has a new coach and UMBC a new backcourt. We'll have a new everything most likely...

Delaware got Notre Dame at home? If Pat Skerry gets a big job somewhere I hope he takes a trip back to SECU like Brey did coming back to Newark.

2 hours ago, griggey20 said:

The reason UD got ND at home is due to the fact they celebrated the 1998 Hens team that made the tourney and wanted Brey there. 

And with former Irish player Martin Inglesby as a coach, it was probably an easier sell, too.  

I've been told that we're leading off with Virginia at JPJ next season.  If so, see if we can increase the Cavs losing streak vs. Baltimore teams to 2.

In terms of the Bahamas trip I have heard that Loyola Chicago will be in the field. A Final Four team

from this years tournament. I’am not sure who they are losing from that team but they are certainly talented.

28 minutes ago, Basketball Mat said:

In terms of the Bahamas trip I have heard that Loyola Chicago will be in the field. A Final Four team

from this years tournament. I’am not sure who they are losing from that team but they are certainly talented.

They lost a lot but they still have their biggest star in Sister Jean

Geez, we got Navy to open up SECU. I’m sure the Elon coach will point out that UNC is playing in their new building when Timberlake, who each school is recruiting, makes his visit their.

It seems like while other schools host some pretty impressive opponents, we have a handful of low D1’s, a D3 or two, and a whole lot of excuses why we can’t step up our game. 

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Geez, we got Navy to open up SECU. 

Move along, nothing to see here...  SOT.

maybe if skerry makes it big... oh wait he has been an assistant at fairly prominent programs and cant get those coaches to come play us like others around our league can..

Wouldnt it be nice if Maryland and Georgetown werent to scared to play us or any other or any other top 300 teams..

kudos to UNC, playing UNCW, and Elon away as well as also going to Wofford a year after they got smokes at home by the terriers.