• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

2018 schedule

Nice mid-major mix. What, if anything, are you hearing on the recruiting front, given our 3 open ships? I believe the last day for D1 players to sign is May 16, so there’s a month left.

Well, Bay Area Tiger (may I call you “BAT”?) we’re going to be an expansion team next season. I wouldn’t be surprised if in all D1 no school will be returning less points per game than us. We’re returning about 10 ppg (McNeill, Thomas & Tunstall). That only leaves us needing to replace oh, about 65 ppg or so

Not worried about replacing the points. If Pat brings in enough talent, we'll be competitive. Not expecting a title or even close unless we find a Benimon-type. Expectations will be very, very low but to say we'll be expansion team because of so many new players? What if we'll have more talent? Now we could be the opposite of last season. Subpar during non-conference play and improving in conference due to so many new players. 

I'm sure they are waiting on Timberlake's decision and are on the grind looking for transfers power forwards. 

An expansion team could be the Las Vegas Golden Knights, who are about to advance to the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs, so the term isn’t per se synonymous with being lousy. 

5 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

An expansion team could be the Las Vegas Golden Knights, who are about to advance to the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs, so the term isn’t per se synonymous with being lousy. 

Well, they certainly did a great job though they were given a lot more resources than a normal expansion team. But usually, expansion means lousy. You know, Cleveland Browns lousy. I don't have any idea how good or bad we'll be until I see us on the floor. I'd love to see Pat finish the late signing period strong.

Do you think he’ll use all 3 ships for this coming season? I’m thinking 1 of them for a sit this year & play next year transfer, in the tradition of Benimon, Moto, Morman

5 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Do you think he’ll use all 3 ships for this coming season? I’m thinking 1 of them for a sit this year & play next year transfer, in the tradition of Benimon, Moto, Morman

Assuming Martin and Gorham don't return (who knows), I would think he'll use two for this year and one transfer to sit out this season.