• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

2018 schedule

The UMBC game has a different implication this coming season. Playing Loyola & Morgan makes perfect sense, from an economic standpoint. I’m glad we’re not playing Coppin 

It's a decent schedule with two tournaments and yes, this is going to be a very young team so playing Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Syracuse, and even Maryland, wouldn't have made much sense along with Virginia. I understand the yearning to play a tougher home schedule or bringing in somebody with that wow factor. If it were that easy, I'm sure we'd have a Temple, GW, Dayton, VCU, or some solid mid-major every season instead of just once in awhile. But it's not. It takes two to tango.

A little bit more info on teams in the tournaments:

AC will have
La Salle
Tulane
Alabama A&M

Bahamas:
Pepperdine
Geo Southern
Incarnate Word
FAU
Montana
Ball State
ND State 

Pretty happy with the schedule especially using last year as a benchmark 

Edited by sr16

It appears Montana has replaced Loyola Chicago in the Bahamas tournament. Too bad, I would have liked to have seen how we measured up to Loyola, but a consequence of their final 4 appearance is that they presumably backed out of the Bahamas tournament for something with more exposure and/or more lucrative.

Btw, Montana went 26-8 last year, won the Big Sky regular season and tournament, and lost to Michigan by 14 in the NCAA tournament. They are far from a slouch 

Edited by TSU88