• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax edges Fairfield, 8-7 to earn CAA Trny berth

Nadelen
Excited for our team to earn a tough win over a good Fairfield, who gave us everything we could handle and we expected that.
We knew what was at stake. We stayed positive and poised in some difficult times so I'm proud of these guys.

Chetner
I saw him (Fromert) open on the backside and we hit the shot. 

Chetner on ball movement
It's always nice. The D stepped up in the second half and we had more possessions at the x. We had a lot of tight games 
so we didn't panic. Just keep moving the ball. I thoght we did a great job of moving the ball offensively and grinded
it out.

Chetner winning on senior day
Any win is good to get. We knew we had to win to get in the tournament. 

Chetner on 2nd quarter
They had a lot of momentum going into halftime. We didn't change a lot. We knew if we kept moving the ball and getting to 
the backside, we would be fine. I felt like we settled down a lot more in the second half.

On year
It's been up-and-down. It's nice to get some momemntum and start stringing wins together. Tough season. A lot of close games.
It's nice to be on the winning side. Hopefully, we can get a couple of more here.

Patterson on D
We got away from who we were. We talked about it at halftime to play the way we knew how to play. The Towson defensive way.

On Nadelen's second timeout after it was 5-3 Fairfield
It was probably one goal too late. I almost called it after their fourth goal. The wheels were coming off a little bit.
We were playing too much defense and had too many turnovers on our end. We wanted to calm down. We lost ourselves a little
bit. We had to make it more challenging defensively. We worn down a bit on defense and offensively, we were careless with
the ball. We gave them too many opportunities in the second quarter. It was more about re-focusing.

On turnovers
It wasn't just the offense. The defense had a couple of poor clears. A lot of their own fault on D. As a team, whether we
get to play a lot on D or O, every rep matters. That's why you are on the field. You have to do your part.

Patterson on getting final stop
It felt great. To get that final stop. Rewarding to stop the last opportunity.

Nads on key to getting fourth straight title
We have to play better. Twenty turnovers? To get a win, you have to have bounces go you way. We have to decrease those.
Many were on our own, just simple mistakes. We have to play cleaner, disciplined and poised. 

On this year's CAA trny
I don't think there's a target on our back. UMass is the top seed and they earned it. Through our past success we've
earned some awarness from other teams. Everybody is good enough. We're not going to be taken lightly.

• Like 1