• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Yagizhan Selcuk commits to Towson

It’s too bad they’re not doing a Canada 🇨🇦 trip this year. With all the new faces, the chance to get in extra practices & scrimmages would have been a huge benefit. 

As to all the kids leaving in the last few years, that issue shouldn’t be ignored or glossed over, but it’s symptomatic of what’s going on throughout D1; 700-800 kids a year are now transferring (there’s only 350 or so D1 teams).

PS...   2012...  Did you watch the games across the country this past season...   constant shuffling is the norm.  Lots of teams bring Freshman around slowly.  

Mental mistakes you get yanked...  plain and simple.  

Do me a favor and watch Roy Williams coach...  he yanks guys all the time no matter who they are.  

Sorry to support this shift going off topic.  

Welcome Yagi!!!   I always enjoyed Hedo Türkoğlu and his game!! 

I assume Yagi might be more of a Enes Kanter fan based on talent though maybe not considering the political hotwater he's been in. 

Just wish all the newcomers luck and sure, kids are leaving early all the time. Even if they are not ready for the NBA, I can't admonish a kid for wanting to better his situation by making money overseas playing hoops. I would have loved to have the talent to have that opportunity. But there's also nothing wrong with staying four years, having fun and getting a good education while travelling the country and sometimes out of the country. As mentioned previously, the grass is not always greener. In fact, it usually is not unless you are a Gary Neal or Jerrelle Benimon-type of talent.

5 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

PS...   2012...  Did you watch the games across the country this past season...   constant shuffling is the norm.  Lots of teams bring Freshman around slowly.  

Mental mistakes you get yanked...  plain and simple.  

Do me a favor and watch Roy Williams coach...  he yanks guys all the time no matter who they are.  

Sorry to support this shift going off topic.  

Welcome Yagi!!!   I always enjoyed Hedo Türkoğlu and his game!! 

Yes... I watch a ton of college hoops at all levels. Not saying skerry bringing freshmen along slowly isn’t bad.  In saying the players who sign with us need to understand that and not leave after a year or two..

roy and skerry. Apples and oranges. One can put in 4 more McDonald’s all Americans. One can put in Jordan McNeil..  

hope yagi can play and stay 4 years and help us win. Seems like with most, his ability to defend will determine his PT