• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

NBA draft combine invites

The list is out of those players invited to the NBA draft combine, to be held later this month in Chicago. There are 2 Martin’s on the list, but neither are Zane Martin. They are Caleb & Cody Martin of U Nevada.

For those interested, all 3 MD players who have declared for the draft were invited: Jackson, Huerter & Fernando. 

While it is not a prerequisite to getting drafted that a player be invited to the combine, it reduces the chances of being drafted for those not invited.

I also didn’t see JFW from Hofstra on the invite list, which I found mildly surprising.

The deadline for players who have not hired an agent to withdraw from the draft is 5/30. 

Given that he was snubbed from the combine, one would logically think ZM would withdraw from the draft & begin looking in earnest for his next school.

Yup. No surprise. It's a catch-22 but now guys will say, well, if I want to get to the combine, I have to go to a big-time school. But I believe Benimon was at the combine. You have to prove you deserve it, not just put up 20ppg.