• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Timberlake has committed to....

Great addition!!! 

Gotta hand it to Skerry. Now, we’re going to use the last open scholarship on a transfer who will sit out this coming season & play starting in fall 2019. Maybe Juwan Gray, the 6’8 transfer from U San Diego (note, that’s just a guess. I have no inside information). A big would make sense IMHO, seeing as Thomas will be gone after this coming season, & Tunstall & Sanders will be seniors in the 2019-2020 season.

Couldn't ask for a better addition to the program this late. A prep school kid who is physically ready to play right away and can do more than just dunk. Also can handle it some and has some point guard abilities. Sure, he has some work to do on the mechanics of the jumper but one of the most exciting additions of the Skerry era. 

As for the last ship, I think it's still a wait-and-see with the other guys before we pick up a sit-out transfer.

Assuming Zane and JG do not return:

PG TJ Howard, Dottin

SG Timberlake, Betrand

SF Fobbs, McNeill, Drayton

PF Tunstall, Solomon O, Yagi

C Sanders, Thomas

I think Tunstall and Sanders is probably the most likely combo because Tunstall is better defending power forwards, not big centers. Sanders can play the 4 as well and if they face a very big team, they can use Thomas and Sanders together. Go smaller with Tunstall at the 5 or even the freshmen are bigger than Dennis. Will be a very interesting competition and I don't think there's one automatic starter other than Sanders. Howard has the experience at Western Ky so he had the edge on Dottin, along with playing against tough juco competition. Fobbs is an excellent shooter but he has to prove he can do more than that at the 3. Who knows about Timberlake/Betrand? I just give Nick the slight edge at the 2 because he's about 20 pounds heavier.