• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerone94

Juwan Gray has committed to...

Well, that pretty much wraps up that class. Nice pickup for next season. I guess he deleted his Twitter account.

Considering all that has transpired since March 4th....    great job staff!!!

Highlighted by this Timberlake signing...  the more I read the more excited I’m getting..   is he Steve Nash!?  No.   

Could he possibly turn into a tough as nails winner like Ryan Arcidiacano!?  Maybe.  

Hope is a good thing Red and we got it back.  

I like this signing. I’ve watched some clips of him online & he appears to have a nice combo of size, athleticism & shooting ability. Now he’ll have a year to hone his skills. (Really a year & a half). When he suits up in the fall of 2019, he’ll be in a front court rotation with Sanders, Tunstall, Solomon & Selcuk. And he’s got 2 years of eligibility remaining.

If this USD transfer does even half as well as the last USD transfer to the CAA (Puscia, the NE guard) we’re in good shape. 

Brand new team. Whether that means better or worse, we won't know until they start playing. I do like the fact that the staff jumped on the best available guys. I think the Timberlake pickup was as close to a HR as you'll get this late and Yagi Selcuk was a solid pick. I'll take his skillset over what we've been getting up front and good news is that he doesn't need to add much weight. Same with Solomon O., who should be around 230+ when he plays next season at 6-8.

My assumption is that Gray could play both forward spots. He could put on 20 pounds (assuming he's still 190) and still play the 3.

Of course, there's little chance that everybody will be back in 2019-20 but here goes with McNeill and Al Thomas gone.

PG TJ Howard, Dottin

SG Timberlake, Betrand

SF Fobbs, Drayton

PF Tunstall, Gray, Solomon O., Yagi

C Sanders 

Good news is that Gray can play both forward spots, Solomon O. can play 3, 4, 5 and Yagi can play 4 and 5.

Given these pickups, I have higher hopes for this team than if Zane and JG were staying (we'll, I do wish Gorham we're coming back). In a sense, Skerry gets a blank slate for 2018-19; given how things collapsed last year, that's a good thing.